S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting in a remote start/Alarm on my 95 Sonoma. I need some ideas about where to mount the brain. Have seen some posts about putting it behind the glove box, but it doesn't come out. I want to do a good install, how about some ideas.

thanks in advance

Kevin

·
Banned
21,222 Posts
Behind the instrument cluster, not just "under the dash".

Could do some kind of stealth install into the bottom of the seat.....

·
Registered
806 Posts
You wanna do a hot install? Mount it in the door panel. I did that on a few customer cars. Other than that, I did mine behind the glovebox, I've done them under the seat on the floor, and one s10 I stuck it all the way in the back of the extended cab under the amp rack.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How about putting it in the jump seat space? Easy access, hidden, could run the wires under the seat? What do you guys think??

·
Banned
21,222 Posts
Yeah, anywhere you want too. The possibilities are limitless, as long as you can run long amounts of wiring. :p

·
black culture thief?!
1,702 Posts
Hey my name is Kevin and I have a 95 Sonoma too! I also used to live in the Joliet area which is near Chicago. In my 98 S-dime I ziptied it in the dash behind the glove box. I planned on relocating it to one of the dash speaker holes since I had no speakers there. That is also a good place to add extra sirens too. I am really liking the ide of mounting it under the seat in a stealth fashion though.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Kevin, I lived in Joliet for a year,now in Downers Grove. I like the speaker space,but i"ve got speakers in them. This box for this alarm is th size of a big brick. I can't find any place to put it in nice. I have had alarms installed before but and no offense they do a quicky job and use miles of black tape to cover it up. I want it to look like a factory harness. I guess I'm too anal about this, I kow the alarm willl work the same but I want the install to look good. It is important to me for the future burgular to know he's screwing with a pro.

·
black culture thief?!
1,702 Posts
Is your truck a reg or ext cab?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
truckramrod said:
Is your truck a reg or ext cab?
1995 GMC SLS Extended cab 4.3 5speed Chipped K&N Doesn't run bad, Great for towing the toys! And of course the important part, my dogs like it!:worship:

·
black culture thief?!
1,702 Posts
In my 98 reg cab there was a cubby hole in the pass. side cab corner where the jack goes that I thought would make a good place to hide an alarm brain. but in my 95 ext cab the jack holder is in the middle of the cab. Why is the alarm brain that big?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
truckramrod said:
In my 98 reg cab there was a cubby hole in the pass. side cab corner where the jack goes that I thought would make a good place to hide an alarm brain. but in my 95 ext cab the jack holder is in the middle of the cab. Why is the alarm brain that big?
Not Sure why. I bought this alarm off EBay. I am frosted by some of the prices on alarms these days, and forget them talking to you if you are putting a remote start on a stick. I got pissed and told the one company off,last time I checked this is america and if I want to ghost ride my truck that's my right(LOL) It isn't a bad box,couple of cool features. I don't want to stand on my head to wire this puppy. I'm supposed to be older and smarter now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts