S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok you know when you open up the door to the truck the dome light goes off?? well what i want to do is hook up the siren only and not the brain. the siren has 2 wires red and black, i know the red is power and black is ground. i also have a button that i want to hook up as the open and close, just like the button on the side dash for the dome light. heres my problem, either way i hook up the wires, being pos. 2 pos. or negative to pos. it still goes off when its in the closed position. this whole thing is not installed i want to see how its hooked up first. i have been tryin to figure this out for 2hrs. now with no luck. also i dont want to tap into anything i want this to be all on one circuit.

please if you know of a way to help resolve this post here, thanx ahead of time!!

peace, steve

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Hey...

I think you would have to add a switch that is a open when the door is closed, then closed when the door is open. Kind of like the one attached (yes, another diagram from Microsoft Paint, the design cad of professionals :) ) They should be easy to get at Radio Shack or probably even autozone or something. Otherwise, you could run a relay that is off when there is power, and on when there is no power (but this is a waste of time, because the switch is easier.) With power, __\ l___ and without, __/l___ (even better, ascii drawings!)

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts