S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
DownSouthGeorgiaBoy
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a DEI Rattler installed like 1.5 years aago and now for some reason it will lock and arm the tuck and alarm but when i hit the button to un arm/lock, it will unarm but not un arm the alarm? Any ideas whats going on? It might be a loose wire, but wich and were?

·
DownSouthGeorgiaBoy
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well when i hit the arm button the alarm will chirp and lock the door. but when i hit the disarm button it will chirp 2 times but will not unlock the truck like it use to. I believe it is some kinda of loose wire because about 1 time a week it will function properly but the rest of the time it wil not.

·
Registered
369 Posts
If it were bad actuators, the doors would not lock. Did you have door locks installed or are you using the factory locks? If you had locks installed and know where the brain is, you should be able to find a white molex with a green and blue wire that plugs into the brain. These are the wires that control the door locks. If you follow the wires, it should end up at a pair of relays, unless you're using the factory locks. The problem will have to be at the relays, or else it wouldn't even lock the doors.

·
s-10 white rabite
246 Posts
does not matter if he has actuators or not the lock and unlock wires and both the same. but what it sounds like is he does have actuators. next time that you are in your truck lock you truck and lesson for a click(you should here that one) then hit your unlock if you do not hear the same click then a relay wire has come off

·
2.2 Courtesy of Rascal
165 Posts
If the rattler is a 300, it has relays built into it. all you add is actuators. They are a positive system. The unlock wire could be loose. Who did the install? If it was a circuit city install the wires will be soldered and taped, Might be a cold solder. If it was a Circuit install (since they carry DEI) the install will be warrentied for as long as you own it. When the locks, function (lock or unlock) do they make an unusaual noise? Later,
Jered, a circuit city installer.

·
DownSouthGeorgiaBoy
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, the alarm is a rattler 300. I guess it was wired using the ractory locks<i had factory keyless entry before>. It will unlock and lock from inside using the switch.

·
Registered
63 Posts
smoken00xtrme said:
If the rattler is a 300, it has relays built into it. all you add is actuators. They are a positive system. The unlock wire could be loose. Who did the install? If it was a circuit city install the wires will be soldered and taped, Might be a cold solder. If it was a Circuit install (since they carry DEI) the install will be warrentied for as long as you own it. When the locks, function (lock or unlock) do they make an unusaual noise? Later,
Jered, a circuit city installer.
:lol:

Hows buisness over there?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I don't know if this helps you any, but here are some scans of diagrams of different lock systems w/ aftermarket alarm... this is from the crimestopper 2003, but should help you figure out which wires to check if lock works, but unlock doesn't.

DogP

Attachments

·
2.2 Courtesy of Rascal
165 Posts
number one location on the west coast 5 months in a row, (well 4 and this month.) 2 installers, yep we are usually slammed.

·
2.2 Courtesy of Rascal
165 Posts
your truck should be + door locks, I can find out tomarrow. I will get wire colors for you as well. You didnt say who installed it?

·
DownSouthGeorgiaBoy
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A local shop installed it and it was a bad discion. Hey thanks for the help!

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
If your factory lock/unlock switch works inside your truck then the problem is most likely in the alarm wiring. Check your owners manual and it should be very straight forward to troubleshoot with a multimeter.

·
Registered
88 Posts
well mr west coast, Im an installer on the east coast, and our location, too, is usually at the top.

if u only have 2 installers than ur budget is prolly low, hence u dont really have to make a big profit to achieve top rankings.

How many points do u usually do in a month...and dont lie!!

·
DownSouthGeorgiaBoy
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
O, my bad. What whas i thinkin?

btw still havnt had time to check out these wires yet.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts