S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad surprised me for Christmas by installing a new head unit into my truck. Problem is that my alarm now beeps 3 times every few minutes while I am driving and the door sensors no longer work. My truck has a sticker on the door windows that says "GM Goodwrench Security System" on it. The inginition alarm and kill switch still work, but driving and sounding like the cops every few minutes is very irritating. Do you guys have any experience with this? My truck is a 4.3L extended cab 96 S-10 4x2. Please help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the OEM cassette and radio in the truck. I don't know the exact specs on the alarm since it came on the truck when I got it as its second owner. The alarm had functioning door sensors and a kill switch, now just the kill switch works.

I'd dissable the alarm for now if I could, but I can't find the power wire to it from the battery.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was hoping that someone familiar with my alarm would post a list of things and locations to check. I can't find any of the wires to the alarm. I have tried to just disable it, but can't find the power wires to it. When I put it in valet mode, it still beeps at me when I drive.

·
The Heezy To The Skeezy
349 Posts
If your dad installed he prob didnt get the proper adapter. Some radios control your doorlocks and other functions, I bet if you put your old radio back in it will work fine.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Radios in s10's dont control anything else, its not like a 2k+ cavalier, grand am , ect. It;s hard to give an answer without seeing the install in front of me. Usually, when the ignition wire is not hooked up to the car when doing an alarm, the alarm will go off when the car is running...maybe somehow he disconnected the ignition wire on the alarm? This wouldnt make sense seeing that you wouldnt need to go near the alarm when doing an install......but I've seen weirder things happen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts