S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to adjust the alarm to make it more sensitive.... from factory id barely tap it and it would sound. Now thats its older i have to pretty much slam the hood down for it to go off. Anyone have any info???

Also.... i have recently bought euro tails for my 96 and went for a tailgate lock( Someone has already had a chance at it with a screwdriver but no luck!:evilg: ) I have also heard that they arent even using the tailgate BUT actually prying the tail lights off!!Anyone have any good ideas for the security of my lights? help please:uhoh:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Instead of your regular screws use some allen wrench screws or star screws.

·
4-Door Blazin'
81 Posts
I agree you can try Torx bits or Hex bits....but the best thing I've seen are one-way screws that are cut so tat if you tighten them, they will turn, however, they have notches cut out on the top so that it's impossible to UN-screw them, and they make your screwdriver slip off, you can ofcourse take them off with a special key when need be.

Hope this helps.

·
01 Bagged Truck 4 Sale
265 Posts
where can u pick them up at?
and what are they called
cause i had someone try to steal my lights too and cracked the outer lens. those little fockers i will kill them if i find out who did it :bash: :soap:

·
4-Door Blazin'
81 Posts
You can pick them up at any hardware store, not sure what they're called. Just tell the guy that you are looking for a set of screws that will only tighten, but you can not loosen the, he should know what you're talking about, if not, you're at the wrong store.
Also, like I said an alternative a torx screws (star shape) or Hex screws, nobody other than the most prepared thief in the world carries those bits with them :)

Let me know how it goes.

·
Rollin' Low in the 619!!!
409 Posts
i caught a guy trying to steal my taillights at the sts show on sunday. i chased that focker down around the mall and caught him by surprise in front of mc donalds. tell you what, he wont be stealing from anyone for a while. got my lights back and ripped out his and smashed them in the street just to teach him a lesson. got blood on a brand new shirt too!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
Did you give him a hospital stay for his trouble.....I think a few broken fingers might be in order ...... kind of a reminder to keep them off of things that don't belong to him.

·
4-Door Blazin'
81 Posts
HAHA, stick it to that @$$hole :bash: :madfinger

·
Registered
98 Posts
since we are on the topic of theft....i got raped the other day...busted my drivers window..stole my cd player, amp amd radar detector..iguess they didnt know about the 3rd door or they would have gotten my subs too...they ripped my dash all to hell and back..needless to say a top of the line viper alarm is now next on the list...they also got about 90 cds...and also a bit of info that might prove helpful....NO insurance company will give u compensation for and cds or amps or sub stolen they are considered high risk and radar detectors as well....so im out an amp, cds and radar decetor...but 2 can play at this....i told them i had some brand new oakley,prescrition glasses and a set of 1/2 carat diamond earrings in the truck and i will get compenation for those...so ill be gettin about 1500 back from allstate....so in a way im making out better than i was before, as weird as that sounds

·
bagged after winter
2,721 Posts
HAHA- if i tried that my insurance would double, and they'd find out my license is suspended. You're going w/Viper? what does everyone think of alarms/viper/others............?

·
4-Door Blazin'
81 Posts
This is more or less what my alarm is going to be like in about 2 weeks:

3 Piezo sirens, 2 inside one outside
a backup battery
2 128 db sirens
it will be run to my horn
hood latch that opens with a key from the inside
pager
pins on doors hod and hatch
bolted down subs

a little overkill i know but when you invest as much money as i have in a stereo, its worth the peace of mind

·
Registered
98 Posts
no i dont have a sub in my 3rd door....they didnt know to open the 3rd door to get my woofer box out

·
s-10 white rabite
246 Posts
2k1phatblazer if you going to get a viper alarm and a new system ask them about HUPP. if you buy you alarm and full system all at once viper will insure evething that is on the same recite as the alarm. they will buy up to 2500 if it is stolen. but be carful there are some products that they will not cover. I do know that one of the products that they do not cover is eclipse. so ask quistions on it. and the alarm does not have to be viper. any alarm made by DEI will be covered but you have to buy evething at once. if you add another sub or amp after you buy you alarm it will not be covered. and i know if you go to auido express they do not know what HUPP is so i would not go there if i where you (will in sac they have no clue). if you have any problems hit me up i will be glad to help you out. Hel! this is what i do for a living
Ecko

B

·
0 Posts
i got a question on my viper alarm when i used to open my doors the alarm would automatically go off, but those little door things got screwed up so now when i get into my truck the lights (which are now neons) wont turn on and my truck wont go off unless someone shakes it or hits something. how much are those door things and how do u replace them? another question is on my reg. cab i have the little buttons to flip the seat forward. can i remove them so they can't flip the seat forward.

·
s-10 white rabite
246 Posts
about youy set thing i have no idea. but n the alarm you can go to napa and get new dor pine for like around five or six bucks i think. or you can go to who ever put in you alarm and tell then that you went them to but in a hood pin in your door so when it is open it will go off. and if you have to shake the hell out of you truck for it to go off then you might want to get a new shock sincer( if it is not turned up all the way)the exter shock sincer is like 30 buck if i rember right

1 - 16 of 16 Posts