S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its the wifes truck, so I dont know if she'll like me cutting the Stock Box and putting in a K&N
Any opinions on which is better anyways?
Thanks

·
Fleetwood Truckers So. Cal.
306 Posts
I had the airraid and I liked it, then my friend told me about the air box mod and I tired that, I liked that too. The only thing I like about the airraid is that it's a cone filter, but the good thing about the air box mod is that you got the heat shield.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
I personally lke the K&N, because it comes with a heat shield, and I get the cone filter. The cheapest way is gonna be the air box mod, by far. And like they said...Just dont tell her!! HEHEHE!!!

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
01ZQ8 said:
I personally lke the K&N, because it comes with a heat shield, and I get the cone filter. The cheapest way is gonna be the air box mod, by far. And like they said...Just dont tell her!! HEHEHE!!!
I have the AirAid...I don't have a problem with it...I think that it is just as good as the K&N...but lots of people disagree with me. ps...I have a cone filter and a heat shield for my AirAid for half the ca$h of the K&N...

Imagine that..

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
xtremer-pxl said:

I have the AirAid...I don't have a problem with it...I think that it is just as good as the K&N...but lots of people disagree with me. ps...I have a cone filter and a heat shield for my AirAid for half the ca$h of the K&N...

Imagine that..
The other reason that I like the K&N is that it replaces the top half of the stock induction. The K&N is smooth, whereas the rest of them are ribbed (for her pleasure??) I think that the air flows better through the K&N. Just my opinion though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welp, I ordered her a set of Eagle rims and a K&N drop in.
Guess I'll be gutting the stock box :)
Thanks for the help
John

·
Registered
31 Posts
:rolleyes: I just took the stock hoses and put a conical filter on the end of the setup and mine works great. Does you truck have that ridiculous airbox thing that goes over the radiator. I had that in my truck and what I ended up doing was cutting it to where the air flows directly from the hose running from the box to the other side of that stupid box over the radiator. It worked well.:thumbup:

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
xtremer-pxl said:
just don't tell her...
she's gonna know something when she hears the dif in sound....i went with the gutted factory box and love it....i've driven the same truck with the airaid and didn't notice too much of a dif.......1 more vote for the factory gutted box:thumbup:

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
SS4Real said:
hey xtremer-plx, where did you get that heatshield?
yelp, there are two ways to get one...you can buy one from k&n...they will sell them seperately...just gotta know who to talk to...or you can make one like I did..I traced the pattern from the k&n and had the g/f's dad pick me up some sheet metal from his work...I cut it with an airsaw and bent it like the k&n...gave it some krylon and waaalllaahh!!!...instant heatshield!!!!:evilg: :thumbup:

don't ask for pattern..I gave it away...and the guy lost it..BUT i will try and get the part number for the K&N...I used to have it...

believe me...the airaid needs the heat shield...it made a big difference..

·
Not an O.G.
670 Posts
I'm trying to make one for my backyard customs intake and that one would work perfect, I'd appreciate that number too if you find it. Thanx.:thumbup:

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
there you have it..dustro94s10 email from them

Hi Dustin,

You can purchase the heat shield from us, part# 07406. You can contact usat 800/858-3333. We will need to submit a price quote for this part sincewe do not sell the heat shields outside of the kits.

Thank youLisa

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
Finally.... but...
They would not let me order it w/o a receipt.. anyone got a K&N Gen2 receipt they can scan and email me?? Please!!??

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
s10rz350 said:
Finally.... but...
They would not let me order it w/o a receipt.. anyone got a K&N Gen2 receipt they can scan and email me?? Please!!??
and if you could send it to me too please?:confused: :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
well, I would post mine, but I didnt order it from them...Actually....I dont remember who I ordered it from!!! LOL

1 - 20 of 24 Posts