S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im baggin the rear of my truck right after christmas so i need to know some things

can i lay out the rear with an airover leaf setup and what bags should i use. also what size notch should i get?

im gonna be running 3/8 valves 1/2 line and 5 gal tank

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
I think you can layout with monoleafs and 4" blocks, but it's pretty unsafe. If you wanna lay out, just get a 4-link and do it right. That's just my opinion tho.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i kno but money is not flowin in as good as it use to be

will i have to change my rear tires to lay? i have 275/40/17 eagle f1's

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
You step notchin it or bolt in c-notchin it? You wont lay with a bolt in c-notch, that's forsure. You wont be far from layin tho.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was gonna do a bol tin notch because im not very good at welding but im pretty sure im gonna step notch it

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
well like I said, monoleaf and 4" blocks is what others say will layout... just kinda dangerous IMO.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea all my friends were draggin at mc donalds and i was sittin over there with the camera they told me they would help me install everything fo free i just got to buy the shit so im tryin to get everyting in my head

i prob wont run monoleaf but im unsure yet

·
DROPTLO
526 Posts
mono leaf and 4 inch block and like a 4 inch notch will u lay u on the ground

·
Drop N Destroy
4,712 Posts
you will have a horrible horrible ride monoleaf go with a 4 link dude

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanx for all the info i would do a 4 link but i dont have the money right now when i turn 18 i get a cd that i been waitin for but until then i want to bag the rear and learn some what about air suspension then i can upgrade better system in about a year

·
Registered
747 Posts
i did what ur gonna do man i had airride tech air over leaf setup, i had mono w/ 4inch block , bolton cnotch with 17x8 rap in 23540r17 and i was close to layin out, ur gonna get alot of wheel hoppin if u try to do burnouts or sometimes when u take of fast, if i was u i say just save ur money up and go for a 4link u said u got guys that will help u so i wait if u can.. im much happier with the 4link i dont have to worry bout the rear snappin ubolts because the rear would twist the leafs into like a s form.. well its all on u man good luck...

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea i called up some people today i think im goin to do the front the right way and save up and do the back with a 4 link

i dont wanna be real unsafe so im just gonna do the front and then do the back with a 4 link.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
thanks for the numbers dimetime i was just about to look them up

im gonna bag the front of my truck and then just pull 2 leafs and run air shocks in the back till summer when i get a 4 link

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
cab said:
I think you can layout with monoleafs and 4" blocks, but it's pretty unsafe. If you wanna lay out, just get a 4-link and do it right. That's just my opinion tho.
It can be unsafe, but It doesnt have to be. I have monoleafs and 4in blocks and I check my leafsprings for wear once a week. If a spring is going to break you would catch it by doing that. So I consider my truck to be safe. After paint I am gettin a 4link though

1 - 15 of 15 Posts