S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHat all needs to be removed or relocated with for this kit for the rear?? How bout the front??? Like do the sway bars and so forth need to be removed?????????

·
no fat GUYS, truck will scrape
626 Posts
ok, just to give you an idea.....

for the rear, you will need to:
1) unbolt and move the exhaust mounting bracket
2) remove the tailpipe behind the muffler
3) the leafs do need to come out

for the front, you can keep your sway bar. :thumbup:

Hope this helps....
anymore questions, let me know :D

·
The Researcher
610 Posts
hmmmm

Since I have been informed I'm installing one of them....by sonomagirl.......

I will touch on the front. The sway bars can be kept but if u want good side to side, they limit that a lot. Front kits are easy to install and more or less just drop right in, some eyebrowing to the frame is needed though.

Ummmm, thats all for now, I'm really tired, hehe

·
Registered
71 Posts
Rear Install.....

You have to remove the stock sway bar. Notch the bed, the frame, and the gas tank cross member....... The only welding that is required is the minor welding on the axle brackets. Everything else is a complete bolt in... The front and rear comes complete with a full set of color instruction manuals. The installation is easy!!!!

As far as the front... You do have to "eyebrow" the frame to clear the 2B6-ext air spring and install the relocation bracket for the brake line. You will also need to notch the inner fenderwell so you don't have any shock rubbing issues... Once again it comes with EVERYTHING you need....

As far as removing the swaybar....That is up to you. If this is something that you are planning on driving everyday and you like to drive the truck hard the swaybar is going to make a big difference in cornering. If this is just something you want to clown with at the shows then take the sway bar out and don't run shocks of coarse you will just have to trailer it everywhere.....

One option you might want to think about is sway bar disconnects the offroad guys use these all the time....

Hope this helps...
Later... Aaron

·
The Researcher
610 Posts
Hi Aaron

how U doing? :D

·
The Researcher
610 Posts
E mail me

for pricing, they retail for $1050

·
Registered
71 Posts
We have two kits...

Depending how low you want to go....

Part Number 75612..... First generation 3-link no notch no need to cut anything... Sits ok with 17's... Retails for 1050.00

Part Number 75638...... Second Generation.. 3-link includes notch bridge brackets... and will except 2b6 ext. dual ports instead of 1/8" port sleeves. This rear kit is designed to lay out on 20's... Retails for 1295.00

Get with one of our dealers on here they can hook you up :) ...

Later Aaron..
The Air Lift Company

·
The Researcher
610 Posts
I'm a dealer

hehehehe

·
626 Posts
so am I....:bash:

·
626 Posts
hehe... just playin' with ya Jeff... I'm not bein' all serious about cuttin' up your sh*t like some people on here.... won't mention any names 'cause his flamed truck might get upset.... lol lol :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Upset???? Never

Damn girl why do you have to bring the truck into this. You can talk about me all you want but when you bring the truck into it them's are fightin words.....

I tried to attach a file we will see if it works... lol

Later Aaron

Attachments

·
626 Posts
"YEAH" he he.... nice ride. Too bad it's not layin' in the front.... lol :D

just playin' ;)

·
The Researcher
610 Posts
OUCH

Sonoma Girl, I can see the Air Lift Guys moving over towards you with there 2 pronged attacks, thanks, now I don't have to defend myself.

·
Registered
71 Posts
"Layin"

Yeah Yeah.....

It lays inner fender well HARD!!! I really don't want to remove them and damage my poor little hood with rocks and asphalt from "draggin". If I am going to damage the hood it better be well worth it!!!!!

Well the good news is if I really want to drag I have more choices.... hehe

The dually LAY HARD all the way back to the extended cab...

Later Aaron...

·
626 Posts
yeah, thanks alot Jeff... I don't know how I'm gettin' picked on now. Oh well, I guess they're just jealous of our s-trucks 'cause they don't gone none..... :D
Maybe we should form a team too... we'll show them how it's done :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hmm...That is funny

Seems to me that I built an S-10 Chassis for SEMA this year??? I guess if you have not had the pleasure of seeing it I can show you how your frame should look.... hehe

Have any more??? I can go all day...

Later Aaron..

Attachments

·
The Researcher
610 Posts
I don't know

The S10 is up for sale right now. Going to move into a new 2002 Crew Cab Dually (Chevy of course)

If you know anyone who is looking for a truck, let me know. 2000 S10 full air suspension, carpeted bed liner, tonneau. MINT SHAPE. Starting at $24,000 Can, and we'll see where it goes from there.

·
The Researcher
610 Posts
I forgot

here is the pic.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 45 Posts