S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup you read that right
CCI makes the AC york special for airlift.
They install harder bearing surfaces there are cast iron cylender sleeves and cast iron rings much harder and less prone to locking up.

The AC york will pass more oil runn hotter wear faster. and has a better chance of locking up.

Just wanted to pass the info on I just found out.

so a 'air compressor' york is not the same as a 'AC york'

Dont get me wrong they will still work fine as long as you keep that in mind :)

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
hm.. people say they have problems with yorks all the time.. blah blah.. the airlift kits, etc.. I got my york from autozone.. I use regular 5w30 motor oil in it. I have 0 problems and it doesnt pass much oil at all.. I can go several days and only drop like 2 notches on the dipstick..

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cab said:
hm.. people say they have problems with yorks all the time.. blah blah.. the airlift kits, etc.. I got my york from autozone.. I use regular 5w30 motor oil in it. I have 0 problems and it doesnt pass much oil at all.. I can go several days and only drop like 2 notches on the dipstick..
oh yea they will work just the same they just have a few things to look out for ;) thats all.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dropt98chevy said:
According to Air Lift when I talked to them about 8 monthes ago because my comp. broke a rod they said they bore and stroke em too but I dunno.
nope same displacement lol
I got so many diff stories with these things lol
I finaly broke down and calld CCI because they MAKE them ha ha.
now I may be wrong who did you speak with?

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dropt98chevy said:
Jim Bigford.
hmm well he knows his stuff. but he is in sales.

Paul Arft is in Engineering / Fabrication
he may know more.

If they do that would rock.

I will have to go look at mine. ( I have 2 airlift 209's)

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well mine are the normal displacement. :(

·
Registered
645 Posts
well, they sure dont look the same ither! i noticed they dont have the same bolt holes, i need 4 on one side for my bracket and on on the upper corner for my brace bar. its missing some...so i cant use it. im holding out till i hear more bout this oil conrtolled york you speck of ffrom cci

·
Registered
868 Posts
-DouG- said:
this may help for those who's york pumps alot of oil... http://www.rockcrawler.com/techreports/york_mod/index.asp
hmm, whats the purpose of the hole that he is blocking up?

dont these feed oil to the other side of the comp so it doesnt lock up? but the pressure relief on the otherside of the check valve is a good idea ... think im gonna get that check valve he was talking about.

·
bagged-regal said:
naa that shit makes problems as far as im consernd
what problems? care to explain? I haven't done the mod yet...

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
bagged4life2 said:
but who abuses them worse....
true,

I have seen good points made in both directions on this issue.

Oasis ,
10W30 oil with crank case breather and open 'oil hole'

CCI
50 weight race oil pluged 'oil hole' and crank breather.

both show good results.

Both have done research into this and that is what they have found.
I am at a loss as to what is better. but if pressed I would say plug it it will not harm anything!!!!!!
the valves in the head need no oil as does the TOP of the piston ;) so no problem.

Just my opinion ;)

·
Registered
645 Posts
DJDAudio said:
true,

I have seen good points made in both directions on this issue.

Oasis ,
10W30 oil with crank case breather and open 'oil hole'

CCI
50 weight race oil pluged 'oil hole' and crank breather.

both show good results.

Both have done research into this and that is what they have found.
I am at a loss as to what is better. but if pressed I would say plug it it will not harm anything!!!!!!
the valves in the head need no oil as does the TOP of the piston ;) so no problem.

Just my opinion ;)
you need to test this shit out for your self doug. i had a butt load of pain with the oil mod, breather mod with 40weight race oil ND. i would spue out oil throw the breather like crazy!!!! and i had 3 90degree bends and 3 pipe lenghts. oil just pumped out like crazy!!! for the vent.
i now have ran 40weight with just breather, not im trying it with 10-w30.

·
not a such a fatso anymor
883 Posts
yes we do abuse them more However they have been trying different ways of using them for years mostly a personal choice I hear people do the plug and have problem and I hear people that have it that have no problem.

·
Registered
472 Posts
i am runing a york sc 209 from a 83 bmw 320i e21 ac compressor its the same thing as airlift only i paid 50.00$ on ebay had it in my shop for a compressor then put it in my 89 s10. its been running as a shop compressor 3 years. i just bought a full size to make another shop compressor. these things are great never go electric couldnt pay me to

1 - 20 of 24 Posts