S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
harlem body kit has to go
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i noticed no one really seems to have the slam bags anymore.. i know they had a problem with breaking in the past but i heard they fixed that. which bag will give me the best ride quality? which one gets the most lift? or are they both mostly the same? thanks guys

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
well from what i have seen... firestone last long and are a good all around bag... airlift is a good bag for just about anything. they have changed their rubber compound alot and are alot better and last alot longer. slam bags are (from what i saw and heard) are good for hopping and all that crazy shit... however dont last long at all...

dont take anything i have said against me... im just telling you what i have seen and heard.

·
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so you are saying the slam bags dont last long under just normal use? or under heavy competition hopping

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
I've heard that slams crack eventually but I don't know under what conditions. I'm running airlift bags right now and when i compared them to stones they just look thicker and tougher.
As far as ride quality, i believe it's more about the size of the bag. a 2600# bag will give you a better ride than a 2500# bag regardless of brands.

·
Dime Dragger
438 Posts
well idk about 2600's... but i have air lifts 2500's and i am not runnin a sway bar... or shocks.. and the ride is great.. not bouncey.... and not really any body roll eather... i had it up to 70MPH.. and it rides great...

but is just my 2 cents;)

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
NiTe said:
well idk about 2600's... but i have air lifts 2500's and i am not runnin a sway bar... or shocks.. and the ride is great.. not bouncey.... and not really any body roll eather... i had it up to 70MPH.. and it rides great...

but is just my 2 cents;)
Yeah but at what pressure? I have no shocks either, but i do have my swaybar in, and running 2b6s and I like to roll really low but i can only do that around town. when i get on the highway i have to have a bit more pressure to keep it from bouncing up and down a couple of times but that's it. Rides way better than any coil i've ever installed, and i've been through 4 diffent ones too.

You can fit 2600# bags in front with a lot more cutting, and they will ride better simply cause it takes less pressure to get your truck up to ride height, which makes the ride softer cause of the low pressures.

Ride height with 2500# = 80-100PSI
Ride height with 2600# = ~35-50 PSI

·
Dime Dragger
438 Posts
anotherblacks10 said:
Yeah but at what pressure? I have no shocks either, but i do have my swaybar in, and running 2b6s and I like to roll really low but i can only do that around town. when i get on the highway i have to have a bit more pressure to keep it from bouncing up and down a couple of times but that's it. Rides way better than any coil i've ever installed, and i've been through 4 diffent ones too.
i ride below... my static drop hight(5/5).... im tuckin the tread on 205/60/15's..... umm lets c how i can explain better haha... i ride were my cat. just nips the ground when i make a hard left turn haha. idk i can get u a pic of my hight... and i dont get much bounce... thats what i ride around at all the time :bag: (no gauge to tell my ride presure) and thats a speed from 15-about 50... and below that i ride around touchin the ground :troutslap sry to whore he tread...and the ride is ALOT better then rideing around on frame:angel:

·
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you guys better not lot "slammeddime" hear about your lack of shocks. according to him you're now ghetto.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
It IS ghetto.

What's really gonna bother Matt is the amount of times that 2500 and 2600 have been said in this thread. :lol:

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
litestab said:
lol your mom
You're a total psycho. And WTF do you know about shocks/no shocks on a bagged truck? Have you ridden in a truck with and without? Is your truck even bagged.

No.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
litestab said:
lol your mom
good job... lets piss off the people trying help... especialy a mod or admin... you should change your name to MR. RETARD

as far as this post is concerned... you have made a million posts and make stupid comments in others about baggin... how about you open your wallet, go buy some, and find out for yourself... cant hold your hand through it all... especialy after you piss people off.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts