S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91 S-10 and I am going to convert my airbag set up from 2 gages to 4 so I can do each corner individually. I saw the AIM set up with all 4 on one panel but it looks too large for what I want. Does anyone know where to get something different. I would rather buy something already assembled but will build a mounting bracket and buy gages and valves seperatley to put it all in the console under my dash if I have to. I have 1 valve from MIC but it leaks. I don't know if this is typical of these valve or what. I don't want to ge this put together and have to tear it apart every 6 months to replace o-rings. Anybody got any ideas???

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
i plan on using a Playstation controler. and for flexin while i am rollin (one had operation) i plan the switches in the center console.:thumbup:

·
Fleetwood Truckers So. Cal.
306 Posts
Any manual valve you get will leak, when my truck was lowered on bags I converted over to fast bags, I had manual from MIC and they leak. If you want the best way to go is to convert it to electric valves. If you cannot afford that, MIC has a great setup for the FBSS setup check it out www.masterimagecustoms.com

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should expect manual valves to leak? That sucks. I saw MIC's set up, 4 valves and 4 gages on an aluminum panel. That looks good but I have a manual fast valve from them now and it leaks. I have Firestone single manual valves and 2 of the 3 of them leaked this year also. I went in to Lowes and when I came out the front end of my truck had over 100 lbs of pressure in the bags. 15 more minutes and I'd have blown up. I am adding filters to the tank (s) so that should help keep some of the crap out of them. I'm thinking that with all of them going bad in the same season there had to be crap in the system... right? Why do they leak? Is it the condensation and rust from the tank? What else could make them leak? There has to be a manual set up that works. I'd love to go electric but it isn't in the budget this winter. Who has the cheapest electric set up for FBSS that is worth a crap?

·
Fleetwood Truckers So. Cal.
306 Posts
I had SMC 3/8" valves and ran 1/2" line and I had No problem. I got my valves for $40each. I think people are selling them for $50
Get the Big mouth valves from AIM. They will do.
Late
Chad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts