S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The White
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a pic on ebay of a 2001 with the stock intake completly taken off and an aftermarket air filter (K&N or APC I think). Anyway if the airflow sensor is not connected what does this do? Is it important?:confused:

Thanx,
STBS

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yes it is.

That sensor tells the computer the temp. of the air coming in. Its helps in adjusting the amount of fuel being delivered. If its not connected you will get a CHECK ENGINE light. Maybe it was just the pic, but the intakes SHOULD have the hole. If not make it yourself.

·
The White
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A hole ?? A place to put the sensor or for the air to get to the sensor. Is it possible to take the stock sensor and put it b/w the filter and the intake manifold when ther is only about 5 inches b/w the 2?? :confused:

·
Registered
138 Posts
just add some wires to it and move it out of the motor bay where it is cooler so it will think the incoming air is 40 deg cooler and it will make your truck run better:thumbup:

·
Registered
138 Posts
has not hurt mine and it has been done for a year now. mine is just below where the airbox was there is a small hole you can put it there and it should be fine

·
The White
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the sensor read the air is cooler than the air going into the engine wont it send to much fuel into the engine?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts