S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question, does ANYONE, by chance know how the airconditioning compressor is lubricated, is it kept lubricated by the Freon gas, this it what i have been told by some people, and I want to make sure before i take it out, because if it is kept lubricated in other ways it could be usable for a belt drive compressor for my bags, If anyone knows, please let me know.

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
Wayne_94s10 said:
I have a question, does ANYONE, by chance know how the airconditioning compressor is lubricated, is it kept lubricated by the Freon gas, this it what i have been told by some people, and I want to make sure before i take it out, because if it is kept lubricated in other ways it could be usable for a belt drive compressor for my bags, If anyone knows, please let me know.
there is an oil added in with the freon to keep it lubricated.

·
Registered
24 Posts
A/C comp...

I did automotive a/c for about a year and a half and that is true but the compressors that aim and others are selling are standard "YORK" and "SANDEN" compressors that are very inexpensive and universal. We used them on log trucks and log stackers. We would pay less than 1/2 what aim and others are selling them for. Most of the markup is prolly the brackets and clutch/pulley assy. These both have an oil reservoir as i remember and look un modified. I dont know for sure but i believe they would work fine with an inline dryer. You could not use a gm R4 compressor like on 88 to ? non vortec 4.3, 5.7 those would phuck it up.

correct me if I am wrong?

peace

1 - 4 of 4 Posts