S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being Married and trying to have a baby puts a serious kill on my wallet but not my ingenuity. I figured that more is better so instead of opening just the front of the airbox I cut the whole bottom of the airbox away. Worried that I would be sucking real hot underhood air, I grabbed some 18 gauge sheetmetal from work and went to town. With a little measuring and trimming this is what I came up with. The rubber trim around the bottom is from the plumbing industry. It's called Armorflex and is high heat and chemical resistant. Was amazed. At the difference that just this little mod made. Seems to work really well when air temps are on the cool side. Not the most impressive mod here but thought you guys might be interested. Thanks.. Bobby

Attachments

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hers another with it installed. Also spent the better part of 3 hours with my dremel smooothing the underside of the factory cover for the airbox.

Attachments

·
ZQ8 Sonoma Owner
91 Posts
Looks good man. I need to construct some type of heatshield for my airaid intake out of sheetmetal or something. I just need a template from a K&N Gen II heat shield and I'll be all set. Anyone got one?

Greg G.:cool:

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
Greg Groves said:
Looks good man. I need to construct some type of heatshield for my airaid intake out of sheetmetal or something. I just need a template from a K&N Gen II heat shield and I'll be all set. Anyone got one?

Greg G.:cool:
yeah, i need one too!:thumbup:

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys, take a hint from my wife. Make a template out of poster board. It's cheap and you can just keep cutting and adjusting until you have what you want. Than transfer it to that sheet metal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts