S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was out driving and then "BAAAM" So I looked under the truck and here the lower left shouck mount broke clean off!! Has anyone had this happen? Is it safe to just mig weld the shock mount back in? It is odd that it broke just above the shock mount hole. I will try to post some pics soon.

also off topic when my front is aired out it sits on my down pipe Is there anyway to fix this? draggin frame Is nice but I do not want to drag the pipe!

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
ya they seem to break those tabs all the time..i dunno wtf is up with it, but get Tony to send you out a couple sets, then id mig weld them back on but double thick ya know..

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, Thanks for the input, good I am not alone! Anyway I was thinking about it and I think the problem is that when you jack it up at the shop with air in the bags it bends the shock tabs out, then when you put it back on the ground and drive it bends them back. That is why I think it breaks there. About the down pipe From the down pipe end back is all 2.5" stainless with a high flow cat and a flowmaster, should I get a larger down pipe? Or is the tiny one just fine? maby they can just cut it and raise it up.

Also off topic my front tire and wheel size is 24.6 and the top of my tire is 1/2" from the top of the fender but the frame is still 3" from the ground! I did not know I had to remove my fenders with a 24.6" tall tire!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
ut oh something that has been mass produced that had someone that "knew" what they were doing is breaking i cant beleave that. once again its not a smile its a smerk :)

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is probaly why there is a "NEW" airbar!

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
What size tires do you have? Theres no way its 24.6" tall, 1/2" away from the wheel wells and 3" from laying out..just dont work that way, one of your mesurements are way off.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
AVTekk said:
What size tires do you have? Theres no way its 24.6" tall, 1/2" away from the wheel wells and 3" from laying out..just dont work that way, one of your mesurements are way off.
Unless he has like 6" cups, heh. :phil:

AV is right tho. My tires are 24.1" tall. The frame lays right as the tires touch the fenderwells.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My tire is 215/45/17 I had used the net to get the 24.6 I will get the tape out and let you know the real size. On my pass side There is a large screw that hangs down to the point that if I Remove my Bump stop bracket from my A arm it would slice into my tire

Also my down pipe sits about 3" below the frame , and the shop said it would be $180 To cut and re weld the pipe so , is there anyway I can just bend it up a little? how low does everyone's pipe hang? because I can not lay frame until I fix this!!

Again of topic, When I put my xtreme FX on I think I mounted them to high because the frame drags on speed bumps but the plastic does not, I am not complaining I just wanted to let people know it is posable to drag frame with xtreme FX!

But I keep ripping the front clip off! I think I might mount it with Springs so it will just bounce back!

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok my wheel and tire is 24" tall And I have rub marks on the inside of my fender my frame sits on the little "ears" that stick down from the X member any idias? My fenders do have an odd bump on the inside is this normal?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
180 to cut and mount it up higher is a rip off i when to a barging brakes and muffla and they only charged me 35 bucks

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok today I had my right lower shock mount break !! would It help if I put straps from the frame to the axel to limit travel? This is a real pain!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts