190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the newmattics one. Looks alot beefier and is actaully less money

Scotthotrods Got a link to your?
Didnt see it on ur site.

·
giggity
1,967 Posts
I've only heard bad things on things they build and their customer service. That alone should give you a heads-up on that company.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
i will stick my head out. dont get me wrong thier electronics are trash. however they bagged my 2008 tundra crew a 7000lb truck. they built the control arms in house bag brackets and a street scrapper bolt on kit fot it. The truck lays frame is daily driven and i use it to pull my trailer with what ever i want to put on it. the kit i have is solid as a rock and big and beefy I know people have had bad experiance with them I have done business with them since i was 16 the only thing i wouldnt get from them is electronics.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
im not tryiing to take anything from the site sponcors and i know the site as a majority hates airbagit.com just answering the ops question with my real world experiance with one of thier kits. However it is not the s10 kit but is a airbagit.com kit

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
I do like the description on the airbagit kit lol

"...Does not fit Wheels over 9". Weldon Without Csections... "

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
"Warranty Disclaimer
This site and the materials and products on this site are provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, AirBagIt.com Suspension LLC disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement..."

From there Web Site.

Oh, and found this interesting,

In the About them they say this,

"Many competitorsl try to give consumers the appearance they are manufacturers, but they are not. They are Web Internet store fronts that operate off of their computer keyboards, and then dropship the product from 3rd parties. This creates a big issue for the consumer that they are not aware of at the time of purchase. Example: You bought it from a web store front, but the order is then forwarded to an actual manufacturer. You then are dealing with a 3rd party, that may or may not have it in stock. You end up paying more, getting less, and if you have a warranty issue, you often end up dealing with a 3rd party. Then you have to consider if that company will be in business at all when you need help. ..."

About how they are better then those companies that use 3rd party links.

But hidden in the legal documentation for there very own site,

"...Third-Party Links
In an attempt to provide increased value to our visitors, AirBagIt.com Suspension LLC may link to sites operated by third parties. However, even if the third party is affiliated with AirBagIt.com Suspension LLC, AirBagIt.com Suspension LLC has no control over these linked sites..."

ummm...

So you will get your product, it may or may not have a warranty, and it may or may not be from them.

Some things to think about before buying.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Oh and just for fun,

Both of these quotes are from the same site, just different locations,

"...In 1994, AIM was the first company ever, to put all 4 wheels on air, which was featured at SEMA with our yellow Dodge Ram as the feature truck on SEMA advertising in 1995. Other companies saw what we were doing and followed suit...."

And elseware it has,

"...We built the first front and rear FBSS kit in 1996 and all of the others followed us, including Airride Technology, EasyStreet, and Airlift, Arnott, and a host of lessor named small companies which have gone broke over the years...."

Easy street is a Division of Airlift.

Regardless of the year, Firestone was the first pioneer of air ride back in 1951 they started development of OEM applications for air ride on consumer vehicles. Firestone dates back over a century and a half with air ride.

Also,

"...GM used its experience with commercial buses' air suspension to introduce systems for its car lines, beginning with the 1958 model year. Air bags at each wheel replaced the standard coil spring..."

1 - 20 of 21 Posts