S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the measurments on Jason's air tank. And can anyone tell me what are the best air gauges to buy.

Thanks,

·
Resident Wetback
11,267 Posts
i have easy street guages, they are good. but it depends on what kind of pressure u are going to be running, kp has guages that o to 200 psi, and airlift should be coming out with some as well.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
There are no 'best gauges', just like there's no 'best setup'. Its all a matter of preference and what you want. There are tons of companies that make gauges, so its just a matter at lookin at 'em and deciding what you want in your truck. Heres a suggestion tho... find a local trucker supply store and go there and see if they sell back lit gauges ;)

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
For gauges, I can strongly recommend that you do NOT buy Viair guages. Ive had a 50% failure rate with them, and I will no longer install them.

Easy Streets are in the pewter s10 I just finished, they are very good quality, but the numbering is weird, its maked every 7.5 psi :shrug:

Larry has soem whiteface industrial gauges that he sells at a very low price, I use those a bit with no rpoblems.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
i have a set of dakota digital gauges that i love, i had an easy street single gauge in before and it started to have a small leak in it

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
for my gauges i wunt to be able to make my truck go to different height's.I dont wunt it just going up and down for just to height's should i get a controller with 10 switches or does anyone know any kind of gauge that u can let as much air in and as much air out as you wun't ?

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Gauges only show you the pressure in the bags... you can't tell the gauge to make the truck go to a certain height. If you are looking for an automatic ride leveling and adjustment system, look to spend anywhere from 400-800$ on one. Dakota Digital makes one, and ART has a new one coming out at the beginning of next year I beleive.

My gauges are made by Clark Brothers. They are backlit, 2" gauges that read from 0 - 150 PSI. Two dual needles, and one single need gauge. They all come from a trucker supply store, but I got mine on eBay. $11 shipped for 4 gauges, then I sold the extra for $25 bucks, so I got 'em all for free, + some :D

·
Lets go RED WINGS
469 Posts
AVTekk said:
For gauges, I can strongly recommend that you do NOT buy Viair guages. Ive had a 50% failure rate with them, and I will no longer install them.
Why do I always get the shit that people have problems with?:soap: Well my viair gauges have worked fine for me so far.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
alteredimage said:
i use air ride digital gauges nice tolook at easy to install. I think the self leveling kits go for like 1900 if im not mistaken.
Dakota's Air Ride ARC1004 controller is only 795 Retail.
ART's controller introduced at SEMA is going to be around $400 retail.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
I'm gonna agree that the Viair gauges are shit. On my rear dual needle, one side doesn't even work and never worked. Air just leaks everywhere.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well would it be good to get gauges and a contoller would that give me lots od positions like the 10 switch box?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts