S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Workin on my set up doing some pressure testing and I noticed if I depressurize my tank my bags also deflate ! ! Whats up ? I would think you would want your bags to hold and not bleed back into the tank. Have I done something wrong? The arrow on the valve does point away from the tank RIGHT! I assumed it represented air flow direction. Man that'll suck if I have to redo all of them.....Please No please No:( :dunno: :bowdown: Help..... sinkin fast

·
Registered
197 Posts
Gotta get check valves...one of my buddies laughed at me when I tried to sell him some. I offered to GIVE them to him...my cost, & pay me whenever he could. He flatout refused, said they were too much money, and didn't see the need for them.

Well, a couple months later his pressure switch stuck, and overfilled his tank, which popped his blow off valve. His blow off was so old it didn't stop and reset at 120psi like it should have. I think all the condensation in the system screwed up the internal spring, so it stayed wide open, and emptied his tank.

He was on the highway, blaring tunes and never noticed till the ride turned to shit, so he looked at his gauges and saw them almost empty.

He had just enough time to pull over hard before his ride bottomed out.

Needless to say, he's bought those check valves off me...get them, you won't regret it.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Check valves are cool but how would you put them on with a setup that has the valves mounted on the tank.

·
Token TSX Owner
8,716 Posts
If you dont like that just get check valves but if you finish your install and are leak free anyway, then having that issue really be bothersome in the future will be rare anyway.

·
forum idiot
49,646 Posts

·
Token TSX Owner
8,716 Posts
I can currently say that my setup right now is the tightest its ever been. Ive had the truck parked for 1 full week with maybe a loss of 5psi in the tank. Bags are the same way.

·
s-series #2?
2004 Blazer ZR2 w/ nv3500, 5.3 LM4 swap
24,783 Posts
mine was leak free until a couple days ago when i added valves... then they leak 20 psi in 3 hours

1 - 16 of 16 Posts