S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can i find these and do they work decently? Im thinkin about gettin them to help level my noma.

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
Autozone carries the gabriel Hi-jackers for $60 with a lifetime warranty. they work very well but if you use the kit included to air them up it can take a while, but since you're using them to level the truck then they should be fine.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SWEET!!! Thanks a lot man. is that just for 2 or is that the price of 4? And do you know what comes with the kit?

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
Air shocks only for the rear. the kit comes with the air line and the little valve to air them up, as well as the hardware to install it.

·
Resident *******
11,268 Posts
:stupid: i got some yesterday....

·
bagged1
2,216 Posts
Let me know how the install goes guys, I ordered some today...because I'm gunna have a 5" drop in the back and I need to beable to haul my quad so air shocks are perfect.

Where are you guys running your fill valve too? Pics? Thanks

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Mine is right beside the license plate or u can run them to the gas filler.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Will they work in the front at well? And would a compressor work with them? I dont wanna bag my truck. I just wanna fix the "chevy lean" that ive got.

·
bagged1
2,216 Posts
I don't think it's possible to use air shocks in the front due to the weight of the engine. Just cut your endlink on the sway to fix the lean, or install a belltech spacer.

·
NO LIFE LIKE LOW LIFE
152 Posts
my air shocks are controled from in the cab like air bags so i can ajust them at any time and the air take is in the bed in the cab i have two valves 1 up 1 down

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lows10-howd ya rig it all up? What all did u use? I'd like to see pics (if possible) and a lil how to help.

·
Token Bald Guy
743 Posts
i went to autozone just now to check out what theyve got, from what i understand you just need to adapt it to an air tank if you have adjustable susp. How low can you go with the ones made for S10s. Im looking to being close to laying out(im talking like an inch or so for temp purposes), but it sounds like I may have to get a smaller shock to do that...

·
Registered
3 Posts
HELLO, new guy here...
I have a 94 S-10 4WD and looking to replace the stock shocks. Are these Gabrials a good choice for me? Looking for good ride charactaristics, rarely off road. What would you recommend for the front? Vehicle is a daily driver with occaisional light towing.
T.I.A.
S/F
TOMGRUNT

·
Registered
485 Posts
Don't get them... it take offf the pressure from your springs and putting all of the weight on the 2 points where the shocks mount. It is only a matter of time and weight until they break

·
bagged1
2,216 Posts
We'll they are good for people who occasionally put weight in the bed...they arn't going to fatigue that much over night...

Anyways...the people on these forums are not going to be over-loading their trucks, I personally use my air shocks just used to keep my axle from riding on the frame when I have my Yamaha Banshee in the bed...considering I have a 5" drop in the back...

·
Just a member
6,626 Posts
bri2203 said:
Don't get them... it take offf the pressure from your springs and putting all of the weight on the 2 points where the shocks mount. It is only a matter of time and weight until they break

Do you know that for a fact? I understand your theory, but I have known many and help many install airshocks on the backs of thier rides to have cheap adj suspension. Is it the best route,no. But I know of atleaste 3 s-10's around me that have been setup this way for over 2 years with no problems. And many others that have been this way for over a year. Just FYI though that most of them do not carry heavy loads with them. Since they are monoleafed, they had no plans of carrying heavy loads again with this setup.

·
The Dave Inc.
11,720 Posts
i thought bout this in the chance i do a 5/6 drop in the future with a chance of haulin shit...i mean i could remove the blocks everytime i make a trip n haul my shit but why when i can adjust...any more info we can hear form the experienced ones?

·
Aye! Sea Turtles
378 Posts
There is nothing wrong with using air shocks. You can get a 1/2 fil land 3/4 dump and you can raise and drop just as quick as some bag setups. I didn't do much to the shock, just re-enforeces the valve intake a little but it raises a good 6in in about 3sec.

·
The Dave Inc.
11,720 Posts
Maxwolf said:
There is nothing wrong with using air shocks. You can get a 1/2 fil land 3/4 dump and you can raise and drop just as quick as some bag setups. I didn't do much to the shock, just re-enforeces the valve intake a little but it raises a good 6in in about 3sec.
any pictures?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts