S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Sportin' the Black and Red
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you all think of air shocks in the rear? I lowered my extreme in the back 2 inches and so the back is lower than the front about 3/4 of an inch. I dont want to touch the front end for now so would air shocks even out the height if I put a certain amount of air in the shocks?

Meanextreme

·
not low enough , "best unfinished"
8 Posts
I got airshocks in the rear of my blazer. it's got a 5/6 drop. I got the onboard compressor to and It gives me about 2" of adjustment it takes about 2 minutes to get there but you need it if you going to haul stuff. if you used blocks you might just get that 3/4 lift needed, but if you used springs you would be able to get it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
It will work if you want to raise it up .

I have air shocks on my 96 ext. cab 3/4 drop the ride is ok .

Go to Advance auto - $50 bucks for the set with everything you need to install.

I'm going to rerun my lines and have the air valve in the gas tank filler door.

Good luck
Bob

·
Bad Mother F***ER!
424 Posts
airshocks leak , GET BAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
SlammedDime said:
:stupid:
AiR SHOCKS = GHETTO

*quote from the big lebowski* "Well that's like. . . your opinion man ."

minitruckn05 said:
airshocks leak , GET BAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's got a static drop and he's looking for advice on AIRSHOCKS not you 2 cents on what YOU would rather do.

Airshocks are perfectly good for what you want to use them for since you're just wanting to adjust your ride height. And NO they don't leak like people will tell you. We use them on fleet trucks to level a load or to help with towing. Mine ride nice as hell and i'm about 1/2" from laying out when aired out and it does ride nicer than any static drop i've been in.

·
676 Posts
anotherblacks10 said:
*quote from the big lebowski* "Well that's like. . . your opinion man ."

He's got a static drop and he's looking for advice on AIRSHOCKS not you 2 cents on what YOU would rather do.

Airshocks are perfectly good for what you want to use them for since you're just wanting to adjust your ride height. And NO they don't leak like people will tell you. We use them on fleet trucks to level a load or to help with towing. Mine ride nice as hell and i'm about 1/2" from laying out when aired out and it does ride nicer than any static drop i've been in.
sorry to whore....what are you runnin? a 4" block and the airshocks??

·
Registered
432 Posts
i'm running them and like them. a little stiff but not too bad. i get about 3" out of them. i have them hooked up to my tank though so it only takes about a second to fill, and i'm using 3/8" line, not the 1/4" it comes with. it may be ghetto to use that in place of bags, but mines just temp till summer when i can actually bag the back, and meanextreme just wants to level his truck out. i say go for it if its worth the $50 to get your truck level and you don't mind the rear being a little stiff.

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
YellowXtreme said:
sorry to whore....what are you runnin? a 4" block and the airshocks??

Yes it's a 4" block and airshocks and they ride really soft IMO. they give me about 4.5" of lift so that's as much as my friend gets with his over the axle setup. I also have a SD bolt in notch. It's all just a temporary setup until i get my 4 link this summer.

·
FTW
1,023 Posts
ive had air shocks on my camaro for 2 years and have not lost any pressure yet

·
giggity
1,967 Posts
anyone have pics of air shocks installed aired up and down??? if air shocks can get the same amount of lift as an over axle setup, has anyone layed out with them?? I mean... would it not be the same if 4" leafs and 3" blocks were installed??

·
SOLD
7,551 Posts
air shocks wont get you the same amount of lift as an over the axel setup, and if they did, the ride qaulity wouldnt be anywhere near bags. I ve heard people saying 5-6 " of travel with there airshocks before but have never seen anything above 3-4". NCHEVY??..something i cant remember his whole user name, hes got a red s10 dookie-bagged. Its got bags in the front and air shocks in the back and i think he either does lay, or is really close to laying frame. Its an all red s10, with all black wheels\tires. Search for his username and then look for his truck buildup, hes got tons of pics. hes got a 2.25 notch though too, i dont want you to think that you can just unbolt the old shock and bolt up airshocks and think ur gonna layframe, thers more too it than that, but not much.

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
IDINIEILIL said:
anyone have pics of air shocks installed aired up and down??? if air shocks can get the same amount of lift as an over axle setup, has anyone layed out with them?? I mean... would it not be the same if 4" leafs and 3" blocks were installed??

This is with 4" blocks and a monoleaf setup and airshocks. I'm about 1/2" to 1/4" from laying but it will lay when I get smaller tires (225/45/16) or i cut a small hole in the bed where the pumpkin hits.

This is with the rear all the way up (i'm only limited by my pressure switch here) I have a 110/145 pressure switch with a 5 gal tank and I only get around 120 Psi in the airshocks at full pressure. I don't know what kind of lift I would get if I had more air and higher Psi but this is good enough.

·
Registered
193 Posts
i went to advance to try to get those fifty dollar air shox. and they dont have em...so do u guys have a part #or somehting???

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
try autozone or o'reilly's. I have Monroe "Max-Air" shocks Part # MA759 and there's another number next to it, it might be important it's 28-80425 <----- that might be the part number and the first one might be the type of airshock. These have like a bag design at the bottom that fills up just like a bag instead of just a cylinder full of air so maybe that's why they ride well.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts