S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck has kind of a negative rake thing going on, especially when it has a full tank of fuel. The suspension is completely stock (base model). I would like the truck to sit level and am wondering about air shocks for the rear? Good idea? Bad idea? On the good side I can see being able to adjust the rear height so it sits level. On the bad side maybe always having to add or let air out might be annoying. What do you all think?

·
Lifelong S-10 Owner
508 Posts
You may have a smoother ride using a lift shackle so the spring rate stays the same. If the air shocks are holding the truck up then it can ride kinda bouncy on the air shock. An ad-a-leaf will increase the spring capacity so the truck will sit higher and hold more weight instead of sagging.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could see an ad a leaf being beneficial but I wonder if it would make the truck sit too tall in the rear?

·
Registered
73 Posts
On my 2000 "tail dragger", I installed a set of AC Delco air shocks I picked up on Amazon for about $70. Not bouncey at all, I run 80psi in them for a little lift.

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
I had to add air shocks on mine after the PO removed a main leaf from the ZQ8 leaf springs. Mine drove fine after that. You could always run the fill hose into the cab and have a portable air compressor behind the seat to fill it at times.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts