S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever airshocked the front of an s-10? I know i should just save my money and get bags (and i am) but i need something until than to give me a little hieght adjustment over obstacles and slam it a little more when parked. The front is dropped 5 inches and the rear is already airshocked so i could connect the lines like a bag setup. I just wanna know if i need to fab my own mounts or notch anything and how much work is involved. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

·
ESSTEN Concepts Founder
465 Posts
Hey,
I haven't airshocked my frontend but I did the rear. airshocks are just it.. shocks so you won't have to fab mounts, just bolt em up and run the lines are you're done. I have the negative altitude ordeal too but I just have drop shocks up front for now. I have about a 6in. drop up front with a 5in. drop out back. Hope that helps..

later
Mike
ESSTEN Concepts Founder

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, but will the coil spring keep it from going lower? i know it will raise up because the spring is compressed but will it be able to compress the spring more? thanks!

·
ESSTEN Concepts Founder
465 Posts
The airshocks act like a "helper" deal. They won't let it drop down lower than what your suspension is already. They only lay it down to the original height when fully deflated but raise it up when aired up. I would go ahead and drop it to where you want it to sit then bolt up the airshocks. Or you could go another route too. You can buy a pair of airbags for like $120 depending, run the lines and just air them up when you want to or slam it down. But then you'll have to get a shock relocator kit to help with the ride. It's all a matter of personal choice AND most definately what's in your wallet. LOL.

Later
Mike
EC Founder

1 - 4 of 4 Posts