S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering what all you guys think of the road grator? i'm new to the whole baggin thing, and I cant weld or else I'd buy a different kit. I don't really want to pay a shop either, so do you think I should get this and save the money? or is it just shit? hit me up. Also.. is this a complete rear set up, or is there other things i'll need. thanx in advance. peace.

·
I'm Rick James Bitch
402 Posts
i am not bagged at this point but i heard that art puts out some high quality shite

·
Premium Member
16,419 Posts
the road grator, in my opinion, even tho I dont have one, is a good quality kit. The only problem that I am aware of is the upper shock tabs breaking off.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
The shock tab, I have been told, has been corrected on the newly produced models. There is nothing wrong with the Roadgrater. if you got the money to spend, go for it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the money.. well i'm close to having the money, i'm also going to get the front bolt on, and an enginge driven compressor from jason, this is a whole kit tho, right? cuz i mean like.. line.. fittings.. valves..or do i not have to worry bout it, sorry if i seem kinda stupid bout the whole thing.

·
N pieces
474 Posts
you will need to get valvues and lines(ibelieve) and a tank and you might waqnt to get new shocks b/c my buddy has the grator aqnd he says the shocks suck. but otherwise he loves it but you might want to see about looking in to jasons bolt on 5 link i orders the compressor kit too be prepared to bash you head in the wall a million times there are lots of bolts and it is kind of confusing but a good kit

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i've heard good things about the toxic shocks.. i believe.. i may be way off on that tho. thanx for all the info! i'll look into the 5 link..hopefully its bolt on. its a bitch not knowin how to weld.

·
I'm Rick James Bitch
402 Posts
even if u dont kow how to weld you can look up welders in the phone book or newspapers give them a call and they can drive to where your at. they have welders mounted in hte backs of there trucks. and they can take car of you that way

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that'd be cheaper than going to a bodyshop i bet... they might just know how to weld and dont know shit bout bags, I've got a month or so before I go buying anything.. so any suggestions are cool.. i'm up to anything really.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
dude, i thought id idnt know any welders, but everyone has a sisters friend or brothers friends uncle that welds, ASK AROUND!!!

·
Premium Member
16,419 Posts
SlammedDime said:
The shock tab, I have been told, has been corrected on the newly produced models. There is nothing wrong with the Roadgrater. if you got the money to spend, go for it.
what did they do to it matt?

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
droppedss said:
what did they do to it matt?
Longer gussets to make them stronger. The problem it seems is from not using a large enough tire, and you have to ride with more pressure in the bags to keep the truck off the ground. The problem with this is when you hit some bumps, and since the shock is almost fully extended, all the stress is conveyed to the tab, and eventually will break.

And you can plumb it up anyway you like, FBSS has to do with the valves, which are not included with the roadgrater. But yes it will hit sides.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts