S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was curious... how big of a company is Air Ride and/or Airlift? Estimated worth? Just wondering how much room there is for success in this kinda area....

ART arms are nice too... be sure to pick some up! How are these things produced? Mass produced I'm sure, but how exactly?

(BTW, DONT MOVE THIS.. I JUST ASKED SOMETHING RELATING TO BAGGAGE SO DONT MOVE IT.)

·
Mad man from michigan
264 Posts
define mass produced. air lift has been around a long time. i have pics of race cars from the early 60's with air lift stickers on them. if i was to wager a bet, i would say that air lift is a lot bigger company. i would be curious to know to.

·
I AM A LUNATIC!
5,924 Posts
airlift has about 60 employees from what ive heard.

tony owns and runs ART. he's the only one that works there too. if you call there and you get someone else, its just tony disguising his voice.

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
suicidedoors.com said:

tony owns and runs ART. he's the only one that works there too. if you call there and you get someone else, its just tony disguising his voice.

Its true, all the guys Ive seen in the AirRide booth are just poor replicas of Tony..

·
My bed fell off???
1,714 Posts
oh i thought they were all just named tony :shrug:

L

·
0 Posts
suicidedoors.com said:

:blaugh:

·
Registered
8,614 Posts
When I called and ordered my tubular control arms Tony was pretending to be alady named Gene and he must have caller ID because everytime I called he answered sounding like the same lady named Gene. Damn he is a sneaky one. LOL Thats just GREAT.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
The main thing you have to look at here is they are creating the market for the future manufactures and distributors to step into in the upcoming years. So each year when sales are up 50%-100% by 2006 you will realize you have created a moster within the market and that will only bring new and exciting ventures. There is a lot to be said for both companies and their stratigic marketing plans for this and the hot rod industry which are much larger than the truck market by far..................

60-Employee's (Minimum $15,000 Year each) $900,000+ in just salaries paid each year with an average 20%-30% profit margin. you do the figures...............................

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
dropt98chevy said:
When I called and ordered my tubular control arms Tony was pretending to be alady named Gene and he must have caller ID because everytime I called he answered sounding like the same lady named Gene. Damn he is a sneaky one. LOL Thats just GREAT.

you sure you weren't calling KP components?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
alteredimage said:
Thats like $7.25 per hour. 15000. I could't work there.
Well I am jus tsaying on the low end. I wouldnt work for that myself but I am just simply stating the example of thats a lot of revenue to keep the doors open let alone the guys making 70K-80K a year there...............

1 - 20 of 25 Posts