S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey so i want a front to back air ride system, could you please list everything i need for my air managment system. i have an idea of what i want but i need to make sure i have everything.... thanks in advance

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok to start i want 2 tanks, im not sure what tanks or how many ports i want/ need. some info on a good tank would be nice, i want probly 2 8 gallon tanks, then i want 2 viair 450 compressors, the raod grater rear setup and cool ride setup up front, i dont know what valves would be good or what sizes i need, i want my truck to move up and down quick so i think i want 1/2 inch front line and 3/8 back line, i want digital gauges but once again i dont know what kind, i also want it to be on remote control if possible. i dont know anything else...

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Ok... seems like you're headed in the right direction... let me take you a step further...

As for tanks: With 2 450's, I would either go with one 8 gallon, or two 5 gallons. Two 8 gallon tanks is too much air for two 450's to fill. As for ports... if you want nice looking chrome tanks, they won't have as many ports, but again if you're looking for speed, you'll probably want some 8 port tanks (of which the 8 and 5 gallon tanks can come with).

The Roadgrater is a nice setup if you have the money for it and have zero welding experience and want something that you can install on your truck with a lil elbow grease. Its definately a well engineered kit that will let you lay out.

Cool ride is nice, but last time I checked, it won't let you lay up front. Depending on how large of a tire you plan on running, you might just be better off with a standard bag/cup replacement, and relocate shocks to the outside of the control arm.

For valves: If you want quick, I would recommend 1/2" fill valves and 3/8" dump valves, with 1/2" airline. It will be plenty quick. Anything bigger than 1/2" and it becomes hard to route and the bend radius is increased. It can definately work, but 1/2" line is a lot nicer to work with.

For gauges, unfortunatly I don't have much experience with digi's, but I do know that Dakota Digital makes a good product. Do NOT buy anything from Chassis Tech / AIM. If in doubt, ask. If you don't want to make a thread, feel free to PM me here on the board. Personally, I like analog gauges, however digitals do have their place and can look nice when installed in a nice fashion.

If you want a remote setup as well, well, thats a little more difficult to work with. ART has one (which I'm sure you're reffering to), however I believe that its made to work with their valves and air management setup (I haven't actually throughly looked into this, but IIRC, thats how it is).

You seem like you're on the right track, which is good. If you haven't already, take a read over www.bagginit.com and even join the forum there too if you're feeling frisky.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thanks alot, i have no experiance with air ride, is this something that me and a buddy could put on my truck, the closest install shop is 2 hours away and im in school all day and work all night. another question, is a 4-way system a system that will control each bag alone, and a 2-way system a system that controls 2 bags at a time??

and with a 2-way set up how many analog gauges do i need, cuz i think i might just go with that. and do i need a switch box and if so what kind?? thanks alot

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
A 4 way or 4 path system will control each individual corner. A 2 path system will control 2 paths, be it front and back, left side and ride side, both front bags, or both rear bags. You need one needle on a gauge for each path, plus one for the tank. So for a two path system, you could use a dual needle gauge, then a single needle gauge for the tank. Or you could use three single needle gauges.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
As for the other question... could you and a buddy install this... sure. If you have the tools to do it, like a grinder, sawzall, drill, and some pizza and beer, and of course sockets, and all the wrenches that go with them. I would expect it to take a good 2 weeks to do everything if you put as much time into it as possible.

·
dubdS10
1,275 Posts
Just buy some seperate switches if you plan on doing a F/B setup. You don't need a box for such a small setup, you may as well buy some and throw them in the dash or make a center console.

For gauges, you don't really need them at all, if you want to save cash. I don't run any but that's me, I don't need to know the PSI to know how far I am off the ground. The only gauge I do run is a tank gauge which is on the tank. That's good to have just to figure out problems/leaks etc so you know what the tank is at always.

You'll need bags, valves, tanks, comps, line, a link setup for the rear, shocks, electrical wire, fittings, electrical tank, teflon tape, tools, booze and yes pizza ;)

1. For the bags, Conitech and SLAMS are my personal choice out of all the manufacturers.

2. Valves you'll need 4 of them or 6 or 8 for a F/B/S/S system. There's a few different brands out there so search here for feedback.

3. For tanks, and comps, well 2-450 will fill 1 8G tank not 2 or them, where as I think one AZ will do fine on a 8G tank, or ViAir 480 if you want 200PSI.

4. The line, most ppl use the plastic DOT line along with compression fittings or PTC fittings. I don't like any of that so I use hydraulic line and fittings, but that's not cheap.

5. Of course shocks all around and you may want Drop Spindles for up front to help out.

6. The rearend needs some sort of link setup, so check out either the RG or SD 3-link, 5-link. Anything else like a tri-forward 4-link then you'll need to throw a blazer tank or cell in the rear frame rails. And the ride will be better if you have the bags on the bars vs. over axle unless you run sleeve bags over axle.

All this info is here already, so keep on searching and reading up. There's lots to read here.

Nate

1 - 9 of 9 Posts