S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a factory serpentine belt kit that came with my 305. The engine came with an air pump. I know that some car or truck out there has had an air pump delete kit at some time. I just can't find anything on it. Does anyone have any info on it?

My engine no longer has emissions stuff on it and a shorter belt works, but the without the air pump, the length of "uncontained" belt is way too long for me to be comfortable with. It vibrated very badly which is not good on my accessories. The delete kit would act as an idler pulley and keep the belt from vibrating and allow me to use stock length belt which is desirable also.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. In the meantime, I'll be driving like a grandma to keep the belt from flying off!

·
Registered
750 Posts
My dads '91 fullsize had a 4.3 and no AC and had a air pump. The 350 that we put in had AC and no air pump.We ended up with a 350 that used the 4.3s brackets and AC delete idler and No air pump.As far as i know there is no air pump delete pully..atleast there wasn't one on the stock 4.3

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That will work just fine although it says it needs a longer than stock belt. You can't have everyting I guess.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts