S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
mini' less.... :(
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can you lay frame with an ART air over leaf, monoleafs, and a 4 inch block, 2.25 bolt in notch and 205/60/15s? and how fast would the 1/4" ports be on the f9000 bags with 1/2" ups 3/8s dumps and 5/8s line?

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
If you get the leaf dearched, you should layout, i think. I'm not too familiar with the ART air over leaf product. As far as the bag and line and valves.... it wouldn't be any faster than if you ran 1/2" line, but the 1/2" fill valves will provide a little speed over 3/8" fill valves.

·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how about puttin the bags on the axel or behind it with the leafs still?....lift difference?......i dont want to cut the bed, so itll probably have to be behind the axel right?....can you hit sides with a leaf rear?

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
if you notch your frame you will lay out. You can hit sides, but not verry good and it puts alot of stress on the leafs

·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so it will lay with the air bag on the leaf?.....im gonna eventually put a triangulated 4 link on it but i dont have the money, would the bolt in c notch from jason let me lay out?

·
Network Pimp
1,110 Posts
I know I'm gonna get hit for this,...

I guess I don't understand how u layout with air over leaf...

I mean your leaf (maybe block too) is what says how low you can sit, the bag just raises or lowers. It can't make you go lower than the leafs capabilities...

So can you really lay frame on air over leaf? If so, could I see some pics?

What about reliability? It seems that the bag would severaly flex to leaf way more than its intended for and would really shorten its life...

I'm sorta interested as no one has got off their ass and made a viable solution for Blazers.... But, I'm concerned about funtion and reliability...

I keep hearing you can fab something outta a universal kit...

If I had those skills, why would I mess with a univeral, I'd fab my whole 4link and be done...

·
SOLD
7,551 Posts
like slammed always says, with abig enough block, you can lay. Look at it this way, if you get a big block, maybe 4 or 5" and monoleaf, your frame will sit on the ground. the airbags just lift the frame off of the ground, so really when your airin out, your just going back to the height that your truck is with the blocks\leaf. Pretty much do a major static drop so that it sits on the ground. airbags just raise it so its driveable.

·
Just a member
6,626 Posts
I have two friends that are layed out with this setup. Not the greatest method but it works for them. Both are using 4 inch blocks with a monoleafe, One is using bags with air over and one is using airshocks. Both with a 2.25 notch and cut bed lay out fine. One of them lays out even on 18's. This truck has a mono leaf plus blocks and air shocks. He does not lay in the front do to fender wells but in the back he is laying the frame. He has had this truck this way for almost 2 years with no problem.

Attachments

·
Network Pimp
1,110 Posts
I keep hearing people say Monoleafed...

Is this a legitimate product that somsone sells? it sounds like a hack of an existing product...

I've only seen like Belltech 3" Drop Leafs + 3" Drop Blocks..

It sounds like you removing all the leaves (if that the right term) would totally reduce the load capacity of the spring...

Could be an issue as I will have a lot of weight in the back of my Blazer...

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
If the leafs are dearched, then I don't see a problem with laying, now if you use stock leafs, broken down to a mono, then you *might* not lay, but with a dearched leaf, you should lay with a 4" block.

·
Just a member
6,626 Posts
smullen said:
I keep hearing people say Monoleafed...

Is this a legitimate product that somsone sells? it sounds like a hack of an existing product...

I've only seen like Belltech 3" Drop Leafs + 3" Drop Blocks..

It sounds like you removing all the leaves (if that the right term) would totally reduce the load capacity of the spring...

Could be an issue as I will have a lot of weight in the back of my Blazer...
Yes you are right. It is removing all of the leafs but one. And yes you no longer can carry a paylod with the leafs alone. That is where the airshocks or airbags come in to play. They handle the weight. But would I try to carry a heavy load with this setup. No way. I would not try this on a Blazer either.

·
Just a member
6,626 Posts
SlammedDime said:
If the leafs are dearched, then I don't see a problem with laying, now if you use stock leafs, broken down to a mono, then you *might* not lay, but with a dearched leaf, you should lay with a 4" block.
Both of these trucks are 95 models. They have the weaker leaf setup in the back. So they can lay out with stock monoleaf plus 4 inch block. With the newer and stiffer leaf packs(98+), to lay out you must dearch the leaf. On the newer stiffer leafs you will be about 1 inch from laying without getting them dearched. But they carry no weith either. So I have seen the stock monoleafs not dearched still lay out when you put any significant amount of weight in the bed.

·
Network Pimp
1,110 Posts
damn Scewed again...

There are no shops around here that I know of that I trust...

The last shop I talked to ( I won't say their name) When I asked then if they could notch a 2nd gen Blazer and make a 4link... said, Why do you want to notch it, you don't need to do that and you can't make a 4 link for a Blazer, we only do air over leaf...

I wish Larry and Jason weren't so busy and weren't so far away...

X

·
0 Posts
so.. i got an xtreme can i lay plastic w/ air over leaf without removing two leafs.. also i need a 2.25" notch and a 3" angled block, right?
xtreme

·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so on my 01 i have a stiffer spring pack and it wont lay with monos and a 4 inch block? and what kinda lift would it get from full lay out to full lift?.....needs to be equal to about a 3/4 drop maybe a little lower, what size notch would i need with a 205/60/15?...and would i need to notch the bed?

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
i know everyone is asking alot of questions, so i figured id throw one in there......is a de-arched monoleaf alot weaker than a normal monoleaf?

·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
also, do u need 2 inch drop spindles to lay frame with 15s?

X

·
0 Posts
hey project2001 go to sportruck.com and click on ART... the air over leaf is $25 dollars cheaper than on ART website...
xtreme

·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
im a student at wyotech, i get a discount from ART because im a student, i get 40% off everything but shockwaves, which i get 25% off of, heres an email i got from em about the discount.

Wyo Tech students get a 40% discount on everything except Shockwave
products which is a 25% discount. See your instructor to place an
order.

Brian Shaw
Air Ride Technologies
350 S St Charles Street
Jasper IN 47546
812-482-2932
812-634-6632 Fax
[email protected]

so i can get the front cool ride and rear air over leaf for 420, just need compressor, valves, airline, and tank

1 - 20 of 59 Posts