S-10 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went through and found out part of my reason on my tank's loosing air but still am loosing air in the front bags very slowly. I have checked my valves and all connections except for around my front bags.. When i start to drive and i hit bumps it seems that i start to lose air a little faster than when just sitting, so do i need to look at the top of my bags and check those fittings or can someone tell me something else it might be..

·
Give me 3 yrs...
6,526 Posts
take some soapy water and run it over ne breaks/ connections in ur lines ull be able to see ne kind of air leak with the water bubbling up... then just fix um

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i just done that but didn't find any except for the ones that were on the tank but i still am loseing it in my front bags so i guess i'll have to go through the shit of getting to the top of my front bags to check those connections huh?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well that's gonna make my saturday evening full of beer drinking and truck working lol... know where i can find billet interior pieces for an 03 x besides fbirides?

·
Not Banned
3,987 Posts
RedXtreme said:
yeah, i have a leak that is on the fitting on the bag, sucks i have to pull it all off to fix it... oh well, lesson learned i guess
me too man, in the back and it sucks cuz i have to take the damn bed off to get to it..

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well good luck to ya.. hopefully i can find mine once i get to the top of my front bags and fix it and thats the problem.. that would suck to go through that trouble and it not be there

·
Not Banned
3,987 Posts
extream_pressures said:
well good luck to ya.. hopefully i can find mine once i get to the top of my front bags and fix it and thats the problem.. that would suck to go through that trouble and it not be there
hahaha i hear ya man.

·
I'm cool.
1,120 Posts
extream_pressures said:
yeah i just done that but didn't find any except for the ones that were on the tank but i still am loseing it in my front bags so i guess i'll have to go through the shit of getting to the top of my front bags to check those connections huh?
If you have a leak in your tank, its going to make your whole truck sink down unless you're running checkvavles to your bags.

·
Sprint Car Addict.
10,225 Posts
the bags maybe bad?? what kind are they?? if theyre airlifts look at the crimp rings....they can leak arounds there if theyre defective....

·
Registered
47 Posts
are you running check valves? because if not it will back out of the bags when the tank drops, same thing mine does

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i run about 110-115 in the front with my stock wheels for the front and around 50 in the back.. i have contitech bags and my back bags have stayed at 50 for the past 3 weeks... i think i have the problem fixed.. this morning it was still fine and tomorrow mornign if it's up i guess i'll have it fixed.. anyone going to showfest?

·
run and tell that
7,998 Posts
got the same problem man. Must be a fitting on one of my front bags because I am running check valves.
I gotta tear the front apart sometime anyways to install my new 3" front cups, so I will just do it then. Not a big deal, only loses 20-30lbs of pressure over night, but dont really notice it throughout the day as I am driving, so its not buggin me too bad.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah that was the deal with mine but i had no check valves.. my compressors went out so i'm trying to get the money to order 1 soon so i just fill up my tank at the house and go from there, it's no big thing to me now that it's not leaking..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts