S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever build an air intake system for a 95 Blazer 4.3 vortec? The 96's have the throttle body in a different spot and the intakes don't fit on mine. The only one I found is from K&N for $194.50Looking for cool ideas(Uncle Sam) don't pay to well.

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Somewhere someone did a comparison of plastic/abs vs Steel or aluminum intakes...Metal intakes absorb a ton of underhood temp. Best bet is 3" PVC like im working on or at least aluminum w some type of heat wrap on it......Have to find the article...

·
AZX in PHX
189 Posts
Nice setup Red10.. I want to use plastic for my intake, but metal is so much more easier to use and mold.. If I had a hookup for customplastic tubing then Iwouldnt be having these problems with fabbing my intake.. I have my idea I just need to get off my ass and fab this setup..

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I don't have any pics, but i'll try. My boss has a digital camera. Its nothing fancy though. The metal pipe does get hot but I still showed an improvement with it over the stock setup. When I had it done I just took my truck to the shop & explained to them what I wanted. Then the guy bent the pipe right up. It didn't take him long either. Just a few minutes. He definately knew what he was doing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
95 TB

LOWRDS10 said:
Hey NachtFalter where are the TB on the 95s, post some pics
I'll have to find someone with a Digital camera. But the TB is in the front and sorta points at the Alternator.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Guys, didn't any of you build model cars growing up? ABS and PVC plastic are way easy to work with. You can glue the stuff using MEK solvent, or regular PVC cement. You can take pieces of it and heat them up and change the shape, for example making a dent in a tube to clear an alternator. I used to have my own business making vaccuum formed motorcycle parts from flat sheets of ABS. On top of that, after fabricating your part, you can also fill in imperfections with body filler or fiberglass and really finish it out nice if you want to spend the time. I'll be making my own intake for my Bravada soon, maybe I can document my progress as I go along. Got to get to the strip for baseline runs first.

Talon, AKA "Wolfie"
Salisbury NC
85 2WD 2dr Blazer 2.8L
92 AWD 4dr Olds Bravada 4.3L CPI

1 - 16 of 16 Posts