S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read a post last week about a guy claiming to have removed the'silencer' from the air intake on his 2.2 truck... I don't know what year his was supposed to be - but he stated that both the sound of his truck and the performance improved some, after pitching it.
Does anyone know where this 'silencer' is supposed to reside? I haven't been able to locate one on my '95 2.2 S10 and am looking for help if anyone has any idea of what he might have been referring to. The flowmater and duals I just put on this weekend sound great and before I experiment with tips to modify the sound a bit, I thought I would try the intake/silencer-thing if I can discover what and how it is done...

Thanks -- Kevin

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
yah i did it on mine its a 99 but im sure you have something similar.

its on the right hand side of the radiatior if you are in the drivers seat.

its a big black thing that only has one hose clamp on it and what i did was take that hose clamp off and cap the hole where the silencer went with a spraypaint cap.
i didnt notice any performance improvement but it made it a little louder.

heres the link where i saw it
http://www.s-series.org/htm/how2/2lairbox.htm

scott

·
Registered
49 Posts
95 has a different air intake setup and engine all together . I'll check my buddy's 95 later on and let you know for sure but i don't think there is one . I belive thats a 98 and up thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts