S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

i have a 93' blazer with the 4.3L feul injected fortec engine, auto trans.

i was looking at the cold air intake mod. and i dont think i can use a staight piece of pipe with my truck. any idea's other then bending up some pipe?? ill post pics asap. the ones i have are huge and i need to instal photoshop in this computer..

scott

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

what kind of piping did you use to make that? and any other pics of the "wall" to block the heat. also did you see any real gians from this? the way the stock one is with that little "run off" thing looks like it rob's alot of performance.

thanks,
scott

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
The piping is regular exhaust pipe. I went to a local shop, explained what I wanted, and a couple bends later I installed the pipe. It cost me $20. The filter is a 9" K&N cone. It was about $45. The "wall" is some spare lexan I had laying around. Its hard to explain how it sits there. I used a metal "L" bracket to hold it next to the radiator. You can barely see it at the top left corner of the "wall" in the pic. Yes I definately felt the gains from this. Heres the only other pic I have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.