S-10 Forum banner

Air Gauges

1K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  Pewter01 
#1 ·
Here you go, just installed these last night but i dont have them hooked up yet, lol, they are Autometer air pressure gauges and the autometer pod painted to match my interior. Now if i could just get my setup runnin good with no leaks, hahaha.

Nathan:p

Attachments

See less See more
Discussion starter · #5 ·
Re: ohhhhh ahhhh

Altophobic said:
that looks forkin bad ass!!!!! i want to do that to my airride gauges.

could you do me a favor and finde out how deep the pods are??? because my airride gauges are kinda deep.
also does that double stick tape actually hold?

how much were thoughs autometer gauges? are they iluminated?

sorry for all the q's but im really interested

thanks a lot
scott
I can get a measurment tomorrow but i think you shoud be ok, the autometer gauges were pretty deep too, im thinkin the pods were about 3-4 inches deep?? The pod is held onto the piller with four pins, kinda like the ones that are on the back of your door panels, they look a little tacky but not that bad (kinda pisses me off cause they dont show those pins on any of the pictures in their ads) i guess you could use double sided tape just pray that you dont need to get behind it again. The gauges were 45 a piece (ouch i know), thats for the ultra lites, others were a bit cheaper, and the pod was like 24 bucks, and 9 bucks for some phuckin tan flexible interior paint, wtf. The gauges are illuminated too, and they are 2-1/16".

Nathan:cool:

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Altophobic said:
scweet. looks like im gonn have to order some very soon!!!

so im gonna have to drill some holes in my A piller?
thoughs gauges look pretty good but mine are dual needle so im gonna have to stick with them.
also, is that interior paint like actually matched to the interior or just a good guess?

where did you order the pods from?

tahnks a lot
scott
I ordered everything from Summit, the paint i got from a local parts store and i guess i was lucky that it matched so well, you'll need to drill some holes yea, but you could use some extra strength doublesided tape to hold the opd on for a cleaner look, kinda wish i had done that now, lol

Nathan

Discussion starter · #9 ·
Pods

slow10 said:
this is a question for both of you, is that gauge pod two single or one piece 2 pods and did it come to match the black color interior, and the other question is how much is the dual needle guages and what face colors do they come in? and where is the best place to get them from? thanks for the help..L8R
The gauge pods come in either single or dual, the one shown is the dual and it is one piece, it comes black no matter what, i used some interior paint to match it as well as the mounting pins (nice touch, hey i try, lol) The gauges i have unfortunately are only single needle ones from Autometer, they do not make dual needle ones yet, you can probably get some dual needle gauges from Airlift or AirRide for cheaper than the Autometer single needle ones, you can ge them in Pro Comp Ultra Lite which is silver faces, and two other styles that both have black faces for a couple bucks cheaper. I ordered all of the pieces from Summit.

Nathan:headbang:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.