S-10 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
"SHOW TIME PRIME"
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
let me see pics of where u put ur air gauges. i want to do a triple pillar pod but cant find one for my 01 s10

·
former owner
7,389 Posts
I don't like the pillar guages because too many punks would think they're boost guages or something and wanna race. When they're in the A/C controls location mounted flat, you can't read them very well.

I did mine here.
(click for bigger version)

More pics here ...
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=240300

·
Give me 3 yrs...
6,526 Posts
hard to think there boost guages when ur 1/4" off the ground :p

or just do wat i do, drive a rusty slow as shit 87 blazer

·
Give me 3 yrs...
6,526 Posts
98SS said:
I don't like the pillar guages because too many punks would think they're boost guages or something and wanna race. When they're in the A/C controls location mounted flat, you can't read them very well.

I did mine here.
(click for bigger version)

More pics here ...
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=240300
i love how everything on 1 side is sooo clean, then all the sudden its like war zone on the passanger side lol

·
RollingPaperWeight
176 Posts
not in yet, actually spent a lot of time on this thing and prob not even going to use it, but heres mine

·
former owner
7,389 Posts
JollyRojer said:
i love how everything on 1 side is sooo clean, then all the sudden its like war zone on the passanger side lol

Haha .. and the passenger seat was gone as well. Had it out to run wires and guage line .... but still haven't gotten to it. :(

·
User Registered
1,931 Posts
yea ebay is your friend sometimes i got my triple from there reel cheap too but you get what you pay for prepare to do some reworking i tossed mine and relocated my ac n fiberglassed them in in its place sweet spot for them sorry no pics im sure someone else has the same setup

·
former owner
7,389 Posts
smoothsdime1998 said:
relocated my ac n fiberglassed them in in its place sweet spot for them
Like I said, I really dislike the location unless you angle them and glass a contoured shape in there like I did in my tape player location. Flat against the A/C panel sucks because they end up pointed at your elbow which makes them hard to read.

I like that red first gen dash up there. Those are high enough that being flat wouldn't matter. Nice. :)

·
User Registered
1,931 Posts
we'll there switched around radio and gauges with a driver facing tilt but i know what you mean n sorry i need heat out here in MI i know ive seen dash skins with gauge pods but never seen them in a truck and i donno look a little cheap

·
Registered
917 Posts
I wouldn't recommend the pillar, I tried a two gauge pillar pod and I could never get all the hoses to sit nicely behind it, and it kinda looked just tacked on there(probably because it was) If you can get a blazer consol or something (because I hear those cassette consols are hard to find) and do what 98ss did I think you will be happy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts