S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
My-chilled, MACH boost
694 Posts
wire

use the sensor farthest down stream. On mine it's between the 2 cats. Tell me which one & i'll check the man. for the wire color.

·
T/A drivin foundin member
538 Posts
maybe they put em on syty's so they could pass smog?:confused:

·
POOR BOY
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
My-chilled, MACH boost
694 Posts
after cat o2s

frknlo
If you mean the ratio will be alltered after the cat(s) why is it that all smog testing is done out at the tail?
Yesterday I had my Sonoma dynoed. They put their wide band in the tail of all the cars they dyno mix.

·
POOR BOY
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats true.......but if you're looking for the actual a/f ratio coming out of the cylinders wont you need it before the cat. Cause the cat cleans up the air passing it.
BTW i just noticed your sig... and WWWWOOOOOOWWWWWW!!! I wanna see some pics of your procharger setup on the 2001 Sonoma. What did you Dyno?????

·
My-chilled, MACH boost
694 Posts
smog

The cats don't remove o2 , they alter certain ext. compounds. I forget exactley which (co's or hco's or nox) But the o2 sensor reads how much o2 is coming out & that doesn't change.

·
T/A drivin foundin member
538 Posts
cats also burn up unused fuel

·
POOR BOY
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess Ill just have to get another a/f gauge and read what the difference is between the two at the same time:D
BTW How does the O2S work anyways????? The only thing I know is that its sort of like a variable resistor, that changes the voltage readings......Does it maybe read the amount of heat in the exhaust and through some calculations convert it to an a/f ratio #????? IDK, Never knew this could be such a good subject.

O yeah syclonedave thanks for the pics and dyno#...your setup is SWWEEETTTT!!!! Ill email you a few qustions about your setup.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts