S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isnt for an s-10 but its an air ride problem. i bought the eai kit for my civic and had it on since october. the kit uses presslok fittings and i didnt trust them from the start. the 2 lines from the tank have a fitting with a check valve and the plastic piece around the fitting broke off both sides and i repalced them with a compression fitting without a check. i had almost no problems until just recently one of the compressors is blowing air out the intake filter. also the pass. rear cylinder fitting busted too, so im wondering if there are compression type fittings with check vavles or should i stay with presslok?

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
If your compressor is blowing air out the intake, then the compressor is messed up, unless this is happening AFTER the compressor shuts off. What kind of compressor is it??

You should get a check valve, if needed that just has threads in it, then screw a fitting into it, and do it that way. Make sure you are using DOT fittings, otherwise, something is bound to leak.

·
low life
816 Posts
I had those fitting from EAI on my truck when I first bagged it. They were fine for a while then every one of the fitting except for 2 of them started leaking or just blew apart. I would recommend changing all of them out for something else as soon as you can. If you have a Thomas compressor you have to have a check valve between the tank and the compressor or it will leak out of the compressor head like your describing.

Jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts