S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been hunting for both front air dam brackets and I can only find the driver's sideone, the passenger side one says it's discontinued. I was wondering if they're in fact the same part with different part numbers or if they actually are different parts.

· Banned
985 Posts
sorry for slow response.
where did you find the drivers side one? i need it.

i dunno if i just bought an oem or aftermarket xtreme valence (aka air dam) from the junkyard , but the little brackets that go on the sides of the bumper looked very similar. the drivers side of mine had to be cut due to frozen fasteners and freezing temps unfortunately.
i would buy and try if you cant find the other side, but i believe the difference will be that the vertical bar on the interior portion of the bracket is slightly offset and thus will be in the wrong spot if you put the right bracket on the left side or vice versa. so it will be unable to bolt up properly if my memory is right. BUT my oem vertical bar was loose for 10+ yrs and never caused a problem....
off the top of my head: i think it would be real easy to cut the vertical bar off and tack it back on in the correct position if need be with spotweld/braze/solder/epoxy/rivet/selftapping screw/etc

· Banned
985 Posts
I found it on LMC and they want $80 plus tax and shipping.
no way... its the thinnest metal on earth. totally not worth $80.
unfortunately i cant answer precisely because mine are mostly mangled. i have a good right one, a mangled left, a mangled right, and a half-mangled left. the good one is across town but if you can post pics of the drivers side one i can probably get a pic of the passenger side next chance i get.

you can likely diy it since it is all mostly hidden... its literally like $3 worth of metal

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah when I saw the price tag I said they could keep it I would try to figure out if I could make one but I have yet to find a decent priced one myself but I have a picture I got off the internet
Handle Wood Metal Hook Titanium

It's the best one I could find.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts