Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Don't do it, dumba$$!!!

Votes: 2 50.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably a frequently asked question, but what all would be involved in putting air conditioning in a non-airconditioned truck? I'm ready to spend some money, but im just pondering the feasibility of it. Any comments???

Thanks

Andy:idea:

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
well all i know is what i took out of mine, a a/c compressor, the a/c lines that go to it, u need a evaparator, and a condensor, there is also something behind the plastic by where the blower is on the fire wall, where the lines go to it. other than that im guessin that u will need the switches that turn it off and on and the control for the speed on it. but im not 100% sure it theres more you need ask around some more.. im sure you will get all the answers you will need

·
Registered
393 Posts
I've been looking it to this as well.

I have a 86 Reg cab.

There are kits that you can buy for S10's they run for about $700US.

Thats a lot of money, but at least the stuff is new.

Do a search for "after market air conditioning"

There are at least 3 or four sites that I've found that have it.

I've thought about simply getting the parts from a junk yard etc.

The only problem is trying to interface with the controls

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
actually the wireing for the heating/ac system is pretty much its own seperate harness from everything else it could be done with all factory parts easily the only big thing i can think of you would run into is alot of time in putting the stuff in and routing the wireing.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If theres a kit out there like PokerRoo said then it shouldn't be too bad. I'm ready to tear that foker apart:evilg: Now i just need to find such a kit.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Im thinking of taking mine out...it never gets hot enough here to use it, and Id rather cruise with the windows down anyway... Anyone know if I need an idler pulley, or just a shorter belt? Can I get one from the dealer? What about if I run the Power Pulleys too?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Your lucky, I wish I lived somewhere where the summers never really got very got.

We usually get high 80's or 90's with a high humidity.

Thats why I want to add it.

there's nothing worse then peeling yourself out a seat and your soaked :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts