S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
YOOUUU BBEEETTT!!!, Joshua 1:9
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok now i know this isn't something extremely big... but i've got a problem... you know where you turn your air conditioning on and off... the little switches (i have an 89 s-10) so it's on the right hand side... what is that little unit called... like the housing of the switches... i broke it the other day when i was turning my air off... i clicked it down and it went crack... and i need to replace it, but i dont' know what it's called... can you please help!!!
thanks!!!
GOD BLESS
Croz

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here's the piece i'm talking about

Attachments

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
yea thats commonly refered to as the "heater control panel" , what actually broke the lever or the little gears inside? cuz just about all the parts that make it up come off and are replaceble. when i had mine apart i broke the gear that controls the peice inside with the hoses attached to it but i made it work to a point i just cant put it up to the defrost setting or it wont come back down and shut off

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
like if you look underneath where the piece is mounted to the panel... like underneath there's two screws and it snapped underneath there... the switches and lines and mechanism are all fine... it's just the outer plastic part broke... and i just didn't know what i needed to look up or what i should tell the auto guy.... but yeah it's just the outer housing is what got broken... thanks for telling me man... you've been a big help!!!
take care!!!
GOD BLESS
Croz

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
check the local boneyard. and try some washers on the screws as a temporary fix.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts