S-10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Some Day
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well of course when I get something done on my truck and start saving for something else something gets ****ed up. Well I come home from work tonight and park the truck..... I come out alittle later to fill up the tank alittle more and I come inside for a minute. Well i go back out and my one thomas 315 is making this weird noise and kinda sounds like its leaking air.... Well I am pretty sure now that these thomas's have built in check valves because I think a seal is leaking at the body and the air is just pumping out there instead of into the tank..... but no air is leaking outta the tank.... well since I was planning on getting an air commander.... (after my friggin 4 link)
this is for a 96 2.2 with air. I guess I gotta start saving for one now! so my question is on larry's site it says bracket kit price?? what is this and what does it include? just the brackets? Because if I get the comp from this one guy on here (with all hardware besides brackets) then I can just get this and it would be cheaper than the kit..... I dunno lemme know what you think... Thanks

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
There are a lot of other parts in the kit besides the brackets and comp. If you have any fab skills, I would get the comp and try to make brackets first. That price is kinda high, but I am just passing along what they cost.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I bought a YORK off ebay and in 3 hours with a welder made my own brakets.....total cost under $100

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
Ya but a lot of people dont realize the Air Commander comes with a lot more stuff than just a compressor and bracket.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
cab said:
Ya but a lot of people dont realize the Air Commander comes with a lot more stuff than just a compressor and bracket.
but is the extra stuff worth an extra $600?

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
Kit includes:
Compressor
Electric clutch
Belt
Check valve
Pressure relief valve
110-145 p.s.i. pressure switch
Intake filter
Oil/water separator
Manifold
Mounting brackets
Fasteners
All electrical and air fittings
Illustrated installation manual

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
cab said:
Kit includes:
Compressor
Electric clutch
Belt
Check valve
Pressure relief valve
110-145 p.s.i. pressure switch
Intake filter
Oil/water separator
Manifold
Mounting brackets
Fasteners
All electrical and air fittings
Illustrated installation manual
Also, you get the ease of installation versus the designing a bracket to make it fit. Granted, it's still more money to get the kit... but... just depends on the person and their abilities I suppose.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
cab said:
Also, you get the ease of installation versus the designing a bracket to make it fit. Granted, it's still more money to get the kit... but... just depends on the person and their abilities I suppose.
very well said, if you CAN build the brackets, then do give it a try. If you have some $$ and cant fab stuff...buy the kit

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
the pump is available at Autozone, or Advanced Auto for less than 100 bucks.. fully rebuilt too. The clutch's are on ebay, and www.onboardair.com, also for about 100 bucks

does anyone have some pics of the brackets? how hard are they to make? the different years brackets are different, so im sure some years are harder than others.

also.. can you run a motor driven at 200psi? every place that sells the kit only includes a 145 psi switch.

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
Pics of the brackest are on Airlift's site ( www.airliftcompany.com )

You could start the initial design with the pics of their brackets.. and just work with em.

And ya, if you decide to purchase the compressor seperate, I got mine from Autozone for $85.99, remanufactured, with a warranty. It was for a 81 Ford F100.

·
KEEP LOOKIN´
440 Posts
so where do you check the oil in it?

·
ITS NOT EASY BEING EASY, MODERATOR
19,339 Posts
i run my sandens up to 300 psi easy.

a few times i took 1 over 300 to see how it would react and the gauge never stopped turning.. my gauge only goes to 300 so i dont know the exact pressure but it had to be like 350 atleast.

pretty reliable i think.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts