S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 Chevy S10 base model 2.2 two-wheel drive pickup. Mine has a five-speed manual transmission in it. the airbag light has been on since I purchased the vehicle I took it to a friend of mine who has the scanner and he said it has something to do with the gauge fuse on the truck . The computer is telling to chase down the tan wire. I crawled under the dash which for a man with a bad back and well let's face it I'm not a spring chicken anymore it's not an easy feat. I noticed that the clutch switch plug that prevents you from starting the vehicle without the clutch depressed is missing someone removed it and cut it off. I cannot find where the other wires are except the purple and purple and white wires which are together to allow you to crank the vehicle. If someone has a manual S10 around the same year model and you wouldn't mind taking a picture of this switch and plug that is on your truck so I can see if this tan wire runs through that electrical plug and switch I would greatly appreciate it period anyone else run across problems with airbag lights being on and you've not been able to find out the reason? Seat sensors are plugged in and good the modules plugged in and good the seat belt electrical plugs are good everything plug wise is where it's supposed to be and looks appropriate it's got to be a loose wire or a disconnected wire that is my problem. I sure appreciate you guys!

Sgt Brandon

·
Early Member
3,174 Posts
Check the wiring to the sensors under the front bumper. There are 2 sensors under the front bumper.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
If you don't have cruise there are only 2 wires that go to the clutch switch. Purple & Purple with a white stripe.

Your Airbag wiring doesn't go through the clutch switch. That's a certainty. I'd be looking elsewhere and finding the schematics to actually find where the tan wire goes.

If you want the clutch switch connector I have an extra with about 4" of wiring on it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you don't have cruise there are only 2 wires that go to the clutch switch. Purple & Purple with a white stripe.

Your Airbag wiring doesn't go through the clutch switch. That's a certainty. I'd be looking elsewhere and finding the schematics to actually find where the tan wire goes.

If you want the clutch switch connector I have an extra with about 4" of wiring on it.

View attachment 344258
Thank you and I will get it. My MIL has taken a turn as soon as I can I'll get with you and get you paid. No cruise... Yet!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts