S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 1998 Sonoma and the Air bag light comes on the dash whever the passanger air bag is swiched to the on position.
is this normal?

·
Do what now?
747 Posts
no its not normal. More than likely you might have a bad air bag sensor on the passenger side. Unless its a big deal, I would turn the passenger side off and not worry about it. Otherwise you might wanna take it to the dealer and have them look at it. But most of the time airbag repairs are not cheap.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Just take the airbag out. Mine is always on, but then again, I took the whole damn unit out of the dash :). I mean, how often are you going to be riding passenger in your own vehicle? As long as its not you without the airbag, who cares :)

·
Registered
709 Posts
mine did the same thing and i replaced the switch and it fixed it... I called a buddy of mine at the dealer who actually scanned the codes and he said it quite common on the 98 + s10's for that switch to go belly up...

Autozone can not scan airbag codes you have to have a tech 2 to scan them mainly cause there stored in the air bag control module not the pcm....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts