S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
51,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well i have the LG VX6100, and i'm tryin to get it where i can send my IM's to the phone, my provider is verizon, and i've downloaded the browser or whatever thru get it now, but i'm gonna wait till after 9 to work on it, since it won't burn my minutes....anybody have a good walkthru on how to get this goin, i read over it all, it seemed sorta complicated....for me, anyways....

it doesn't cost also right? i have unlimited text and pics, so i'm guessin this would be included with that, also, as far as i've gotten now, i have to connect to get it now, in order to get to the browser, do i have to do this everytime? preciate it guys...

·
Unregistered User
3,591 Posts
Go into "get it now", look for somthing called mobile IM(called somthing like that),
its a free download its a program that has AIM, Msn, an yahoo messengers in one.
It just uses your text messages.

Once you get it, it's pretty easy to figure it out. all you gotta do is login.

·
51,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well hell, i'm partly there then, i have the browser or whatever downloaded already its in get it now, i downloaded it, i guess i have to actually initially run it first, or whatever, so do you end up havin to go into get it now every time to pull it up? i hope not...i would be doin it now, but its chargin upstairs, and i just came down, too lazy to go back up there..haha, i'll figure it out before i go to bed, or in the mornin....hopefully i'll get it figured out

·
51,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i got it figured out, but i don't have forward to mobile, its just whenever i sign in on it, and when i'm actually on aim on the computer, i still get the messages on the phone....so i'mma work on figurin that out....

·
Unregistered User
3,591 Posts
lol yea, its not hard to setup you just have to find a reliable wap gateway.

I have a vx6000, im not sure how different the software is but...
Open the "menu" and press "0", the enter 000000. just see if you can get into
the locked settings (but dont touch anyhting!, lol). I accually had a typo in that
thread. Verizon has some content restricted, so you cant do eveything. Not
sure how it is on the newer phones.

If your still getting messages on your phone you might not be logging out.
You have to manually log out from in the messaging program.

·
51,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok one more thing i need clarified.....

even though i have to go into Get It Now to get into aim, i'm not using up airtime, right, just text message usage applies, right? i went to the website, and i couldn't answer my question.....

·
Captain Obvious
19,352 Posts
sdime98 said:
ok one more thing i need clarified.....

even though i have to go into Get It Now to get into aim, i'm not using up airtime, right, just text message usage applies, right? i went to the website, and i couldn't answer my question.....
NO. At least not with Cingular. I bet you the other companies are just as sheisty too.

It's part of your internet useage. Call them up and ask about it.

·
Unregistered User
3,591 Posts
I'm not sure, I never used it that much that it would of taken that
many of my minutes up.

How about this.
Check your minutes, then sign on for like 20 minutes or so, check your minutes again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts