S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have an 89 s-15 jimmy new torsion bar mounts and new rancho rs 9000 shocks when i am driving on the highway and i drive over a bumpy or rolly part of the road my front end bobs like a basterd what the hell is causing this itsannoying and i feel like the god dam truck is gonna hop off the high way somtimes any help would be great please help before i hop off the road

·
Registered
128 Posts
I had a conversation with the alignment guy at the dealership today. What he discribed sounds like what you are talking about. If you have the camber (that's the wheel moved forward and back adjustment) adjusted positive (meaning toward the front) your steering will change so that the truck isn't jerky making it so when you hit a bump and the truck moves to the side and you turn the wheel the other way you won't be bouncing back and forth. Hope this makes sense.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so what sould i do go to a shop and explain my problem and see if they can make the adjustment for me

·
Registered
128 Posts
Some tire places like Tires Plus check alignment for free. They can help you make a rational decision based on what your at now.

·
SoCal Mini-Trucker n FL
230 Posts
Jumping Front End

This is just an idea I was thinkin when I read your post. What might be your problem is that since you've added those Rancho rs9000s, and the New Torsion Bars is your front suspension is now alot more firm. Try lowering the air pressure in your front tires by 5 psi. If it makes a difference, but it's not a big improvement, try another 5 psi. I ran 33x12.50x15 Yokohamas with a 6" lift & dual shock set up on my 4x4 Toy, and I had to run only about 15-20 psi, otherwise I couldn't keep it on the road. So try it, it should help. But it wouldn't hurt to have the alignment checked.

·
SoCal Mini-Trucker n FL
230 Posts
Thats the first thing I would check after changing so much of your front susp. Then if it still rides like a Bucking Bronco, try lowering the Air psi in your tires. What make/size tires are you runing? Also, did the torsion bars raise your front end? How Hi?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nope the torsion mounts broke so i had it replaced then i got new shocks its the stock height with 30 inch tires

·
SoCal Mini-Trucker n FL
230 Posts
Changing the torsion bars can still cause alignment probs. Those new shocks are gas charged, which is like putting air shocks on your front end. It makes your susp very stiff. If it were my trk, I would drop the air psi in the front tires 5 psi, then get the frt end aligned ASAP. Let me know what haps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts