S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
0 -> 60 in 4.6....minutes
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have trouble with the fix in the sticky above to disable the AHLs? I just got around to doing it today and it didn't even work. I tried another resistor and nothing. I have a '03 by the way. Any other ideas? ANYTHING??? Thanks.

·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but I'm tired of doing that plus it's wearing out the button. I'm trying to find a permanent fix that's reversable in case I decide to sell it or something, like the resistor idea, but something that works. Or maybe I missed an important detail or something (don't think so..), etc. etc.

·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone know if this "AHL fuse" is under the hood? Cause it's not inside. I could have sworn there wasn't one.

·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope...no AHL fuse anywhere. So does anyone know exactly what ohm resistor I need for the AHL relay? The 2.2k the sticky says to use didn't work. Any help greatly appreciated.

·
Drop It!!!
426 Posts
i know what your talkin about, my roomate and i both have used the resistor, but i dont remember what one, ill have to ask him when he gets home, but ill get back to you on it.

·
I'm on a boat!
1,522 Posts
I used just what the sticky says and had no problems.

Its a 2.2K Ohm 1/2 Watt resistor...:dunce:

·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yup, that's :dunce: me...i was messin with it again today and put the third resistor in and it works now. bad resistor? bad connection? me? don't know but it works now, thanks anyway. now to get my [email protected] dents fixed :banghead:

·
Banned
21,222 Posts
just a curious question......

why u guys want the AHL disconnected? I love the feature.....never have to remember to turn lights on.......
same with DRL's....

·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To me, the DRLs are pointless. If someone can't see you on the road without your lights on they shouldn't be on the road (not that THAT means sh!t). The AHLs are annoying because they go on and off all the time and I like to control when my headlights are on/off without having to hit the dome override 20 times every time I start my truck. Plus, the less wear n tear on the bulbs the better. But that's just me.

·
Banned
21,222 Posts
xtremespeed said:
To me, the DRLs are pointless. If someone can't see you on the road without your lights on they shouldn't be on the road (not that THAT means sh!t). The AHLs are annoying because they go on and off all the time and I like to control when my headlights are on/off without having to hit the dome override 20 times every time I start my truck. Plus, the less wear n tear on the bulbs the better. But that's just me.
Thats cool man. I was just curious. :)

Btw tho, its a proven fact that you can see people 2200ft farther away when their lights are on and vice versa. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts