Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
I BURN THINGS
5,880 Posts
How to disable your daytime running lights

98-present DRL
Locate the under hood fuse box

Remove the fuse box cover. Locate the DRL relay. Remove from the fuse box. It maybe very hard to pull out.

Find pin #86 on the relay. Should be labled on the bottom, next to the pins.

Bend #86

Reinstall the relay. Make sure the bent tab clears the fuse next to the relay.

Finish by installing the cover on the fuse box.

94-97

If you don't have factory fog lights just pull fuse #15.

If you have factory fog lights...

Originally posted by trruuck
Tell you what, I just did this mod yesterday.
If you have the foglamps, here is how you do it:
First, disconnect the battery so you don't shock yourself (trust me, I learned the F-ing hard way)
Second, you need to pull of the front of the dash (take out the two screws in the cluster area, then just pull it off.
Then unscrew the fuse box. Locate the #15 fuse on the back of the fuse box. You will notice, there is one orange wire in, and two orange wires out. the two going out is what you focus on. One is for the fog lights, and the other is for the DRL's. Cut one, connect the battery and turn the ignition on. Pull the e-brake. If the DRL's are off, GOOD GUESS!! If you cut the wrong wire, connect the wire you just cut, and cut the other one. Your done and enjoy.

·
I BURN THINGS
5,880 Posts
How to disable your automatic headlights

First you need a package of resistors. You can get them from any electronic store. They cost about $1.00 for a package of 5.
1998 uses 680 Ohm 1/2 watt resistor
1999+ uses 2.2K Ohm 1/2 watt resistor

Remove the 2 screws holding the speaker grille on the right side of the dash.

Lift the speaker grille to access the AHL sensor. Turn the sensor counter-clock wise to remove from the grille. Next unplug the sensor.

Bend the resistor in a U-shape. I add a little tape to help stengthen it up.

Insert the resistor in the AHL plug.

Secure the resistor inside the plug either with elecrical tape or wire ties. Push the wire in the dash. Reinstall the senor in the grille (for safe keeping). Finish by reinstalling the speaker cover and 2 screws.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.