S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. I was driving down the freeway and I heard this awful grinding noise, It just started and then I started loosing speed. I changed the clutch 3 weeks ago and I don't think I got enough fluid back in it, Now when the thing is in neutral if I let out on the clutch it grabs like it is in gear and then makes a bad grinding sound, It won't go into any gear without extream effort. Once it is in a gear it won't even try to move and sounds bogged down as hell until it dies. Is my tranny dead?I have a 2.2, I also have a first gen. with a 2.5 and 4 spd. would that tranny bolt up to my block if needed?

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Bad throwout bearing and or clutch disc. low flid wouldnt fully release clutch burning face. sorry dude

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually I think it's something inside the transmission. Its stuck in a gear butI can move the shifter around and with a little effort I can put it into other gears, but I don't know what gear it's stuck in and I can't get it out of that gear. Still playing with it. I'm off work Tues. and Wed. so hopefully I can get it fixed or to a shop then.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
D***IT

well jacked the ass end up today and the only gear it will do anything in is 4th so my tranny is shot :bash: :cry: .Oh well at least income tax check just got here like last week and it aint spent yet.

·
Registered
48 Posts
im having a bad vibration in 1st 2nd and 3rd if i give it any kind of gas i checked the rear end and its fine there is a weird noise and it vidrates bad it feels like the tires are going to fall off dose any one know what the hell it is i need help

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Does the truck make the vibration in neutral?. If not check your U-Joints first. Also make sure you didnt have a wheel weight come off or are missing a balance pad off the driveshaft. Had that happen on my mustang. Replaced it with an aluminum.

·
Registered
48 Posts
yes i have a 2/4 drop bot i have had it for 5 months and it just started after i did a wheel hop of a burn out i toke the drive saft out and i put new u joints in it and i will be put it back in tomorrow and i will let you all know what happens
:beer:

·
Registered
48 Posts
yes i have a 2/4 drop bot i have had it for 5 months and it just started after i did a wheel hop of a burn out i toke the drive saft out and i put new u joints in it and i will be put it back in tomorrow and i will let you all know what happens
:beer:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts