S-10 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I was installing my 3 Link today ...put the axle to ride height ...attached the driveshaft and started to do the pinion ...put the angle finder on top of the diff. bracket and started lifting the front and when I hit 0* the driveshaft started binding ...so tommorow I have to take it out ...how much of a cut am I going to be looking at??? ...

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha actually shes my wife and thanks ... anbybody know of a place to get it shortened here in NJ ...!!!???

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
zaney444 said:
yo I am helping you cause you have a hot GF....lol no but really. yeah I beleive its 3/4"---1" inch but wait till that is confirmed.
dont you want liek 1/2" or play ...so wouldnt that be added to whatever I need to cut?

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tell me if im doing this wrong ...

the frame under the cab is 13" from the ground ...so I put the bottom of my tires 10" from the ground ...is that what I am suppose to do ..?? ...maybe that can be a cause of my pinion problem

·
Slammedcruiser98
1,269 Posts
yeah man ya know the whole point of a proper link system is to allow your axle to have as much movement as possible and keep pinion angle change to a minimum so a complete cycle with jasons products will not produce much pinion angle change= 3/5 link owns! so within a couple inches of ride height is fine.

axle 4.5" roughly from bottom of frame where axle sits. your springs still in rear?

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
zaney444 said:
axle 4.5" roughly from bottom of frame where axle sits. your springs still in rear?
not following your there on what your saying ...and no there was a 2 link system I ripped out ... but im also wondering how much usually ($$$) to get the driveshaft trimmed ..

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if it is a measurement of 1/2" or so should I just move the gas tank x-member closer to the rear 1/2" to not cut the driveshaft ...anybody ever do this or have pics???

·
Slammedcruiser98
1,269 Posts
you see in your other thread I posted you should seriuosly consider building a new back half if you can afford it, make the 3 link work with it..but with your idea of moving it back the problems you will have is the gas tank fitting correctly which is managable, and that your wheels might be obviuosly off center in the wheel wells cause I think 1/2" might be an understatement, but I am thinkin to get it shortened is around 100$

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea F-it I know I need to get it shortened ..just kind of pist I guess...but I heard of a few shops around here ... I need to get it shortened and rebalanced right?>?? ..no changing of u-joints or anything right?

·
Slammedcruiser98
1,269 Posts
not if there in good condition but there not to bad on $$, I saw in another thread 80-120 or so thats not horrible

you have AIM? if so hit me up zanester18

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
80-120 for the u joints?? ...or all together for the cutting and rebalancing

·
ROD TWISTIN MEMBER
3,808 Posts
all together u joints are like 10 to 20 ea

·
Hola Bitches