S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright...just bitching...First...its Michigan, its winter, and my garage is currently full (2 race cars, and an immobile - until I fix it - Ford)...so I can't get my truck in...

I had to pull my system to take the truck to the dealer...and decided to upgrade to 4/0 power wire (which I AM not running through the door, like my 8/0 was)...the antenna grommet is too small...and as I said...garage = full and its cold...

No system...(Maybe I'll just wait until I fisnish the custom box)

Thank you for tuning in to Stewart's bitchline...

·
Registered
746 Posts
holy shit...

i hope you mean 4awg.....you know how HUGE 4/0awg would be :eek:

8awg < 4awg < 2awg < 1/0awg < 2/0awg < 4/0awg etc.. ;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah...4awg...

Wiring with large cables is my worst nightmare...I cannot STAND it...well...actually, I can't stand wiring on a street vehicle period.

It'd be nice if they realized people were going to do this and put a couple extra holes in the firewall with plugs or something in them at the factory.

Forget the truck for now, I've gotta go work on my MG, where the only large cables come from the battery...rest is 12v primary and signal wire...

·
Registered
346 Posts
Um I got 4awg wire to run through the antenna grommet just fine....I know I could get 0awg through it without any problems too.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ZQ8-S10 said:
Um I got 4awg wire to run through the antenna grommet just fine....I know I could get 0awg through it without any problems too.
Did you enlarge it? In my '02 the grommet seems to be of hard plastic in the middle

·
Registered
346 Posts
Stewart said:
Did you enlarge it? In my '02 the grommet seems to be of hard plastic in the middle
I had a skinny razor blade that was about 6" long that I pushed through the grommet right beside the antenna cable. I then got a big phillips screw driver and made sure it would go through. Then I taped the 4awg wire to the screw driver to push it through the grommet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts