S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
I dont have any valves to freeze on me but I feel your pain man...Its gettin damn cold out up here in the Northeast

·
Post Whore?
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tyus4 said:
yeah, it was 12 degrees when i came home 2nite in mass...haven't had any problems w/ frozen valves YET
running a water seperator? if you are thats prolly why. my valves under the hood dont really freeze up..but the damn dumps in the bed for the rear and being a bitsh.

·
Bolt-On Body Dropz
2,617 Posts
My fills used to stick open last winter on my s10 and I didn't runa water trap, but never did they freeze open or shut, and the valves are mounted on the tank.

·
Post Whore?
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my fills seem to work fine, which is where i get shafted. i dont even realize that the dumps are messed up until im driving down the road adjusting it to ride height when all of the sudden half the truck is draggin down the road...this all happening at like 7 am...haha

·
Bolt-On Body Dropz
2,617 Posts
Ya on the way to school I used to lift it up and it would go alllllllllll the way up and ride pretty stiff for about a minute until they stopped sticking.

·
thats my boy with the box
549 Posts
well it's 15 in ithaca ny now and snowing.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
how bout you put some air brake anti-freeze in your tanks, i always put it in the trucks i build and havnt had a prob jet, and i live in new jersey, or put alcolhol, in the tanks works the same

·
Token Bald Guy
743 Posts
i heard something before at the approximate temps that valves freeze...any one got that number. specifically the SMCs

·
I hate you
2,241 Posts
Im about a cvnt hair away from makin a decision on moving back to AZ, **** this cold shit!! btw I dont have issues with my valves sticking, what are you guys running?

·
Registered
684 Posts
BaggnS10 said:
running a water seperator? if you are thats prolly why. my valves under the hood dont really freeze up..but the damn dumps in the bed for the rear and being a bitsh.
Nope, not running a water seperator...i have my tank and compressors inside my blazer...my valves are on the inside of my frame under tho...just drained my tank today, not much water i there at all...no problems YET

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
it was 12 degrees here this morning, first time my valves ever froze up on me, gotta go put on a water trap this weekend when i install the 12 gallon tank, i love the winter, but the truck is goin in the garage for the winter now, they salted the roads yesterday for the first time and friday is the last time the truck will see sunlight for a while probably

1 - 20 of 35 Posts