S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here installed power door locks in their truck? If so, how much did they cost you, where did you get them, and how difficult were they to install? THanks.

--Chris
AIM: "changeyez" and "ckdawgck"
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
I haven't put any in but Spal and Autoloc both make them. I've heard people say that the Autoloc one are a better quality.

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
I did a power lock conversion on my car. I got a kit from radio shack believe it or not. It was around 20 bucks. It came with 4 door motors 2 have switches in them to lock and unlock with just pushing the lever. also the module that came with it has provisions for switches and for adding to an alarm. Its a decent setup for the price! oh the kit has no brand name but it is acutally made by Bulldog Security they make some alarms and remote start kits too.

·
audio, video, and a boatload of knowhow
12 Posts
I put them in all the time. I use DEI actuators. The hardest part is just getting the wires into the door. 2nd gen isn't too bad cuz you already have a boot running in the doors for speakers. 1st gen is a different story, not to difficult you just have to drill the holes in the door jam. Thank you Mr.Right-angle drill. If you are inclined enough to take off the door, makes the job a lot easier. Then it is just a matter of wiring up the relays (most actuators are reversing-polarity). Best thing would be to wire the relays so the doors are activated by a negative trigger. Most alarms will at least accomodate negative trigger locks and putting an interior switch only consists of a rocker switch and a ground. Good luck.

Ps Power window kits from Electric Life are by far the best window kits I have ever installed hands down. They are all metal scissor action components. None of that Spal gear and pulley crap. Feels and works like OEM.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Could someone help me... I need to know where to mount the power door lock actuator and where to run the bar, wires, etc. on a 94 s10. I also got a remote lock and alarm which I will be wiring up soon. The actuators are two wire ones that will be wired directly to the remote alarm (no interior button). I got the door apart, but it doesn't appear to have room for the actuator. The only place I could find to put it was right up near the mirror, and then run the bar back to the other bar that is manually moved and tie it together somehow. Is that what I have to do? If it is, what should I use to tie it together, and how do I mount it. Here are pictures of what I got. http://www.hometronicz.com/ebay/dlm/DLM.jpg and the alarm is http://www.hometronicz.com/ebay/cs2003.jpg . If anyone has done this or something similar, could you please help... Also pictures/drawings/diagrams would be appreciated. Thanks,

DogP

1 - 5 of 5 Posts